Respected Contributor

Re: The Philly helicopter crash with 2 month old baby girl

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Does it really matter what was wrong with the baby?  It was obviously serious enough to warrant a helicopter trip.

Hi @Kachina624  To me it was. I wanted to see if there was a fund raiser started for her. My heart broke for her and her family.

That was my heartfelt intent. No more or no less.

In a past life at my job, we sent children to Shriners In Boston a few times in helicopters. It is VERY rough on the parents. Different City to become accustomed to and agonizing worry.

If you happen to see a way to help or fund raiser, please let me know.Smiley Happy

@Queen of shop   Not to sound callous, but why would they need a fund raiser?  That baby was first priority on that flight even after the crash.  The paramedics took care of the baby first and then the pilot.  Is there any reason to believe that the family needs money?  If anything, the pilot should have a fund raiser for all the rehab he will have to go through.  

Honored Contributor

With all his injuries, I can't believe they released the pilot. A broken back??? Wow, he's quite a guy I must say.

Respected Contributor

Pilot Daniel Moore was interviewed from home on TV this morning. Still on painkillers 24/7. Seems upbeat, expecting a 6-8 week recovery. He's engaged to a nurse and said she's taking good care of him.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Pilot Daniel Moore was interviewed from home on TV this morning. Still on painkillers 24/7. Seems upbeat, expecting a 6-8 week recovery. He's engaged to a nurse and said she's taking good care of him.

"How conveeeeenient", lol.

Valued Contributor

I don't think the child's illness is relevant or any of our business. Yes, the plane crashed in Upper Darby area. Thank goodness that no one was badly hurt!