Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner March 23 - 29, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner March 23 - 29, 2015

It is a dark and dreary start to the week here in WNY. We are still waiting for something resembling spring to appear. Hope it is more spring like wherever you are, and that it is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies.

Prayers continue always for those in need, with special prayers for Doxie and her Schatzie, Panda and her dad, Loves to Shop's mom and for beauty and her brother Tommy.

Esteemed Contributor

Woke up to a balmy 23 degrees this morning.[ but sunny] Also made the mistake of going to a new beauty parlor for a haircut yesterday. [Needed a change] My regular hair stylist is on vacation. I decided on a pixie with longer sides and bangs and some red highlights. The color came out good. But, the cut is a disaster the back of my hair is so short that I can feel my skull. I have less then a inch back there, the sides are so short they are up to my eyebrows and my bangs are so short and uneven. Libby said.. oh mom and Steve just laughed and my threesome growled at me when I came home last night. None of them recognized me even my scent might be different cause of the products they used on it. Oh well live and learn I know it will grow but, what to do in the meantime? Thank God cold enough I can still wear hats right? I don't understand these hairstylists don't they listen? I had a picture too.... It is what it is right?!{#emotions_dlg.blush}Have a nice week everybody. PS Continued prayers and healing thoughts for all in need. Hope I made you laugh this morning.

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of you dear PCCers a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Sending more special prayers to beauty's brother Tommy and to beauty as well and hoping that she's feeling better...to Doxie's Schatzie,Panda's dad and to Shop's mom.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Sheltie, we have a nice blizzard going here this morning. About 4 inches overnight and I can barely see out my window right now it's coming down so fast. Oh well,it's pretty and can't can't repeat can't last much longer. And I don't have to be anywhere today,thankfully. We hope you all have a great week and can get out to walk the furkids from me Angie and crazy little Daisy.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

With the approach of Easter, it was uplifting to hear the good news that improvements are occurring for PCC family members, other forum's families, and our fur-kiddos.

My cockers have “beauty” appointments on Thursday evening hoping they will look marvelous in their bonnets!

Image result for cocker spaniel in easter bonnet

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much, everyone for the prayers for dad. He continues to heal very well. Today, I went to have my permanent crown put on my tooth. Having my third kidney surgery next Wed. doesn't scare me like going to the dentist always does!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Sheltie and Beastie: Thank you for starting us off each week and for your kind thoughts and prayers!

Matty: That did give me a laugh. I could just see your furbabies growling at you! Hopefully, your hair grows back quickly! Your story reminded me of a cartoon that my stylist from years ago had on her station. A woman had picture of a super model (to whom she had NO resemblance) and said to the stylist, "Make me look like her."{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Doxie: Still praying for Miss Schatzie and for you!

MoJoV: Stay warm! I bet your furbabies and you will be glad when Spring arrives for good!

LuvMySpaniels: Aww...what a cute picture! I grew up with a Cocker Spaniel named Duffy. This picture made me think of him...thank you! I bet you furbabies are going to look wonderful for Easter!Smile

Have a blessed week!

Hugs, prayers and love,{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Super Contributor

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I have not been able to get to the PCC for quite some time--life has been rather stressful and busy, but all is well.

Sheltie Mom: I could smell spring in the air today, despite the fact that it snowed several inches yesterday! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Matty6: Your story made me laugh so much! I am sorry for your hair situation (I can totally relate), but it was hilarious imagining the dismay of your furbabies! LOL! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Thank you so much for helping me laugh during this difficult week!

beastielove: You are so kind and thoughtful! I wish you a safe and good week!

MoJoV: You have such a positive attitude--enjoy the scenery as it will soon change! Glad you are safe and enjoying the day!

LuvMySpaniels: I definitely love Spaniels! I grew up with them and hope their beauty appointment leaves them feeling fab!

Panda: I am so glad that your dad continues to do well! And I hear you about the dentist....UGH! I will be thinking of you as you prepare for your surgery.

Doxie: Keeping you and Schatzie in my thoughts and prayers.

Our two 4-legged kids are doing well, although the rescue terrier mix (Sundae) was NOT happy yesterday to run outside and see all the snow coming down! LOL! Our black Lab (Snowball....how appropriate!) was thrilled out of her mind to be running through it and being her true Lab self! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thanks to all on this board--I always look forward to hearing about each of you and your furbabies!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning to all! A laugh for all of you. This morning I woke up and my hair looked exactly the way it did when I went to sleep at night. It did not move at all because, there is no hair to move. This morning I look like I have a crew cut{#emotions_dlg.w00t} the hair In the back of my head is sticking to my skull and the little bit of hair I have on top of my head is sticking up on end. When I went to work yesterday morning I punched it up a little bit by taking some styling gel and putting in my hair making it look a little better but, not much I look like Bart Simpson. {#emotions_dlg.sad}No one in my office said anything bad or good... thank goodness. I found out it looks better when I do not brush it to the side but take my fingers and mess it up a bit. [there is no hair to comb or brush] I will never cut my hair again! My dogs are still growling at me and not coming to me when I have a biscuit even. Steven and Libby had to walk them early this morning before Lib left for school. They do not like this haircut either. My mother came over last night and said I look like a plucked chicken. I took Steve's baseball cap and put it on and it was indeed a big improvement. Anyway, just some comic relief from all the sad news on these boards these days I wanted to make you folks laugh. And this is indeed funny. I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed out loud for 20 minutes or more. It is funny. Well at least my hair grows back fast and at least it is thick enough to cover the bald spots in the back.... Have a great hump day everyone! Anna [matty6].Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2015 panda lady said:

Thank you so much, everyone for the prayers for dad. He continues to heal very well. Today, I went to have my permanent crown put on my tooth. Having my third kidney surgery next Wed. doesn't scare me like going to the dentist always does!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Sheltie and Beastie: Thank you for starting us off each week and for your kind thoughts and prayers!

Matty: That did give me a laugh. I could just see your furbabies growling at you! Hopefully, your hair grows back quickly! Your story reminded me of a cartoon that my stylist from years ago had on her station. A woman had picture of a super model (to whom she had NO resemblance) and said to the stylist, "Make me look like her."{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Doxie: Still praying for Miss Schatzie and for you!

MoJoV: Stay warm! I bet your furbabies and you will be glad when Spring arrives for good!

LuvMySpaniels: Aww...what a cute picture! I grew up with a Cocker Spaniel named Duffy. This picture made me think of him...thank you! I bet you furbabies are going to look wonderful for Easter!Smile

Have a blessed week!

Hugs, prayers and love,{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

panda .. this is the worst part of this hair thing for me...that my threesome will not go anywhere near me. They all give me ugly, snarly teeth when I go near them. It is funny but it feels strange too.{#emotions_dlg.bored} [glad to hear your father is healing , hope this means he is feeling better too?]