Honored Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner March 2 - 8, 2015

FYI Set clocks up Sat. nite

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 MoJoV said:

lucylvr!! I know what you're feeling about the baby rabbit. A few years ago I was out walking our Doxie mix Angie and she grabbed a baby rabbit from under a bush right in front of me. It was horrid, just horrid. I still think about it. I was so mad at her at for the rest of the day I could hardly look at her. But as you said, they do this, they're dogs. But it is so awful to have to witness it on such lovely sweet little creatures as rabbits, especially the babies. I know what you're feeling, if that helps. I can't hear of or watch any kind of animal cruelty without stewing about it for days and days. I can't help the way I am. I hope you're in a little less pain with your knee everyday.

Doxie hoping to see your post telling us everything is ok now with your baby.Missing you!

The weather here is awful..a combination of sleet and snow and high winds. It's been relentless. But when I see the New England weather, I have to shut my mouth and realize it could be a lot worse here.

Went to a goodbye party for my favorite neighbor last night. My neighborhood is changing now, all of us who had our kids here are moving and young couples are coming in again..I think it's time for us to move on, too.

Wishing you all a great rest of your week. You're all in my good thoughts along with the furry ones.

MoJoV: Thank you SO much for your kind words. I could hardly stand reading about your experience. I cannot imagine--I would just be totally traumatized if something like that happened right in front of me. I cannot STAND to hear, see, or think about animal cruelty either (let alone human cruelty). Quite frankly, I didn't sleep well last night and, admittedly, not very cozy with our Lab for now until I can get a better grip. It does help to know that you understand and I appreciate you sharing. THANK YOU!

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blush} I have a very large black and blue mark just above my fanny and I am sitting on a soft fluffy pillow as a type this. [ouch] anyway, we in central NJ are getting more snow we are weary and tired I remember Jean Bice from the QF calling it "funky February' and 'Murky March'. Only 16 more days till spring.....I hope we make it.Be careful out there folks.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2015 lucylover64 said:
On 3/3/2015 MoJoV said:

lucylvr!! I know what you're feeling about the baby rabbit. A few years ago I was out walking our Doxie mix Angie and she grabbed a baby rabbit from under a bush right in front of me. It was horrid, just horrid. I still think about it. I was so mad at her at for the rest of the day I could hardly look at her. But as you said, they do this, they're dogs. But it is so awful to have to witness it on such lovely sweet little creatures as rabbits, especially the babies. I know what you're feeling, if that helps. I can't hear of or watch any kind of animal cruelty without stewing about it for days and days. I can't help the way I am. I hope you're in a little less pain with your knee everyday.

Doxie hoping to see your post telling us everything is ok now with your baby.Missing you!

The weather here is awful..a combination of sleet and snow and high winds. It's been relentless. But when I see the New England weather, I have to shut my mouth and realize it could be a lot worse here.

Went to a goodbye party for my favorite neighbor last night. My neighborhood is changing now, all of us who had our kids here are moving and young couples are coming in again..I think it's time for us to move on, too.

Wishing you all a great rest of your week. You're all in my good thoughts along with the furry ones.

MoJoV: Thank you SO much for your kind words. I could hardly stand reading about your experience. I cannot imagine--I would just be totally traumatized if something like that happened right in front of me. I cannot STAND to hear, see, or think about animal cruelty either (let alone human cruelty). Quite frankly, I didn't sleep well last night and, admittedly, not very cozy with our Lab for now until I can get a better grip. It does help to know that you understand and I appreciate you sharing. THANK YOU!

I am so sorry you experienced this. But, our domestic dogs are animals and bigger animals go after smaller ones. It is what it is. Don't be too hard on your dog .. he was only doing what
animals do. But, on the other hand I do understand your post, it was hard to read.Take care. Anna

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Sharke said:

FYI Set clocks up Sat. nite

More daylight... means more snow melt.... all over that like white on rice.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for the prayers for Schatzie. She is a very sick baby and needs all the prayers she can get. She is showing some improvement in her bloodwork. I am praying for more.

doxie

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 Matty6 said:
On 3/3/2015 lucylover64 said:
On 3/3/2015 MoJoV said:

I am so sorry you experienced this. But, our domestic dogs are animals and bigger animals go after smaller ones. It is what it is. Don't be too hard on your dog .. he was only doing what
animals do. But, on the other hand I do understand your post, it was hard to read.Take care. Anna

Thanks, Anna--I know this is the way of nature/life. I suspect my difficulty managing everything is due to a myriad of reasons. I appreciate your kind reminder and understanding. Our Lab is named Snowball--and all is forgiven. We love her dearly.

I hope that you are doing well and feeling better soon! Best wishes, my PCC pal! Smile

Super Contributor

On 3/4/2015 Doxie said:

Thank you everyone for the prayers for Schatzie. She is a very sick baby and needs all the prayers she can get. She is showing some improvement in her bloodwork. I am praying for more.

doxie

Praying for you and Schatzie--I hope that you both find peace and comfort very soon.

Super Contributor

With a heavy heart, it troubles me that Lucy, Doxie, and Matty are enduring hardships especially this week .... and Panda's ongoing tests are of concern. When I reflect on the verse in the book from James about "Count it all joy when trials come" ..... it makes me pause and wonder how can this be?

We only know each other from words on a page, but "kind words" can lift a person up from despair many times. Sheltie, Sharke, Mo, and Beastie .... sending greetings as I watch the 5" of new snowfall fill my driveway. Enduring this winter is a trial in itself.

Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 LuvMySpaniels said:

With a heavy heart, it troubles me that Lucy, Doxie, and Matty are enduring hardships especially this week .... and Panda's ongoing tests are of concern. When I reflect on the verse in the book from James about "Count it all joy when trials come" ..... it makes me pause and wonder how can this be?

We only know each other from words on a page, but "kind words" can lift a person up from despair many times. Sheltie, Sharke, Mo, and Beastie .... sending greetings as I watch the 5" of new snowfall fill my driveway. Enduring this winter is a trial in itself.

Thank you, LuvMySpaniels--I appreciate your post very much!