Regular Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner December 22 - 28, 2014

On 12/23/2014 panda lady said:

QsZoo, I am so glad you checked in today. I can relate to the struggles you are having as you remember your precious Ethan ...the day after Thanksgiving marked 5 years since I lost my precious Heidi. It never gets any easier. I am just glad we can be here for you to continue to pray for and support you. This is a special group and I am forever thankful that God blessed me with such wonderful friends here! Hugs, prayers and love to you and everyone!{#emotions_dlg.wub} Panda

Thank you sweet Panda. Hope each day is healing for you. Enjoy your break. Hugs back at you too. Merry Christmas.

Warmly,

Zoo

Regular Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Sheltie Mom said:

{{{QsZoo}}} {{{panda}}}

I haven't done much decorating this year, but tonight I had to go to the attic and bring down the dog and cat tree - a little German feather tree with all my animal ornaments topped with an angel and our dear Jesse at the top.

If I don't get back before they close the boards down, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza and a belated Happy Winter Solstice... (I am so happy the days are getting longer again!)

Hugs and love to you all, as I tell Lily and Oscar... You are the best, best, best!

Honk, honk

Thanks for the hugs Sheltie. It means a lot. I just wish I had those porch steps to go with them. Could use some sharing of stories with people that truly get it.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Warmly,

Zoo

Regular Contributor

On 12/24/2014 Doxie said:

zoo - I am glad you posted. There are certain times of the year when it really seems to hit you. May you find some solace in the knowledge of the joy he brought you. I stillg et sad at times that I miss my pets. Ethan is with you in spirit.

panda- Are you feeling better?

sheltie- your tree sounds so pretty.

Are they closing the boards for Christmas?

Merry Christmas to everyone.

doxie

Oh Doxie and darling girls-You truly know what this is like. You know, I have deeply loved all of my furkids, but if we are extra Blessed we cross paths with those positively extraordinary little beings. Gifts from God. Sent at a time when He knows we will need them. Giving them back to him is so extra hard.

Ethan was one of those furangels. Just so incredibly special. I guess it takes longer than a year to adjust to 17 1/2 years of treasured time, now a void. I was very very Blessed to have shared his life with him. I am sure he is cradled in the arms of an especially lucky angel, bringing smiles and his soft purr to share his love with.

Please give your girls an extra hug from me.

Merry Christmas.

Warmly,

Zoo

Respected Contributor

zoo- a story for you.

I heard from a way past friend and she asked about Cesca. It made me think of her and how much I miss her. I was feeling a little sad. Then here comes Liebchen dragging a frog and blanket in the room. i was shocked because it was Cesca's frog and one of her Christmas blankets. I knew where they had been packed so I went to look. Liebchen followed me and stopped at the top of the stairs. I went in the basement and a box had been pulled off the bottom shelf and there was stuff hanging out. That is where these things were packed. Liebchen was waiting for me at the top of the stairs. She never goes down in the basement. Something made her go down the big bad stairs and go to that box and bring those items upstairs. I had chills. I think that Cesca was sending me a message. I of course had to go put up the frog because you know who would love to shred it.

doxie

Valued Contributor

Welcome YOMP! Zoo and Doxie, re: Frog & blanket. Years ago, Jesse had leg amputated due to cancer, had chemo, bad reaction, was kept at vet overnight. We decided to sleep on the floor downstairs where we'd been sleeping with him when Bernice left us and went upstairs. She brought down his soft bear toy. She knew.
Esteemed Contributor

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, ours was really nice. Reading the posts of the memories Christmas brings back really hit me. We have ornaments of Boston Terriers,Boxers, and Irish Setters.. makes me think of how wonderful all my lost sweethearts were and how much joy they brought us. I can still cry for every single one of them. That's one of the reasons this board is so special. We all have these deep tender feelings for all creatures. I remember our last Irish Setter ,Shannon, was very sick near the end of her life on Christmas. She wouldn't eat or drink anything but eggnog. She lived on eggnog for about a week. She was so sweet and gentle. I'm thankful to those of you who shared those precious memories with us here.

I wish all of you the happiest healthiest New Year ever! Angie Daisy and me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Zoo - Here is another one for you.

I was given a handmade creche that is very small and rustic about three years ago. This was my third Christmas season with it. It fits in a clay tray shaped like a wine coaster. It has a baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, cow , donkey. The second year I was given the wise men. This year I got a star and an angel. I really enjoy the simplicity of it and generally leave it out year round as a reminder of the person that gifted me with it. Mary and Joseph are free standing beside the baby and about the same size.

Now here is the funny thing. Each year on Christmas morning there has been an accident or incident in the creche. The first year I thought nothing of it. The second year I thought it was a coincidence. Now that it has happened a third year I have had to reflect about it. I spend time looking at it on Christmas eve and all was well. Christmas morning I look at it and Joseph has fallen over. It is always Joseph and never Mary who is the same height. The other strange thing is that Joseph never falls out of the creche. He is always on his side beside baby Jesus.

I have decided it is because women have to bear so much in the world. Maybe we are such hormonal roller coasters so that we can handle all of the stuff we have to. Mary had to have that baby and could not just pass out.

So as we have our sad moments thinking about our lost fur babies we realize we have to have these emotions to survive.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Sheltiemom - Bernice did know. That is so cool.

Mojo- Shannon had good taste!

zoo - I can imagine that Cesca is thrilled with Ethan to snuggle with.

doxie

Hope those December birthday peeps are still celebrating. They are supposed to celebrate for 30 days.

Respected Contributor

It has been wet and chilly here and the DML does not like it. I took the girls out and they tend to potty quickly when it is cold or wet. The DML feels obligated to make sure the the potty area is covered up. I told you previously how he swats the girls when they potty and leave it and then he races to cover up their deposits.

Well the girls saw him coming and got so excited they were prancing toward him. Usually Schatzie gets so excited she tackles him. We Liebchen got in it and as Schatzie was diving toward him she raced around him like a steer wrangler. She had him wrapped up like a roast in the retractible leash. The DML waited on his back with his paws in the air while I raced to get him undone. The girls were licking him from one end to the other. I got him untangled and instead of bolting like I would have done he got up and went first to Liebchen and grabbed her face with his paws and washed her face and then he went to Schatzie and washed her face. Then they were all happy again.

doxie

Respected Contributor

I hope everyone is getting their stuff together for New Year's Day.

no laundry and no trash out

doxie

got to make the hopping john