Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner August 4 - 10, 2014

SmileGood morning all! This afternoon Libby and Tanya, Steven and yours truly will go visit the shelter to see our little Dash. Libby and Tanya have not seen him yet and now we will have most of the afternoon to spend with Dash and his Mom and brothers and sisters. I also want Tanya to take a look at him once we are there. He has a blue collar around his neck with his name on it Dash and our last name on it. Our other three dogs will have there very special babysitter named Todd. He will be coming over later this afternoon And Todd will take them to the dog park a grooming and some toys and treats. It is a beautiful day and I want them to be outside today as we will be. Prayers for all of you wonderful folks. With the world falling apart around us and with all the tech stuff which makes for a more impersonal world. It is good to know I can come here and read all your posts an smile. It is a much better world knowing all of you. And waving to all the fur pooches out there that are owned by them. have a great day!Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/7/2014 LuvMySpaniels said:

Happy Thursday to the pet-lovers on this thread!

I check-in only occasionally now since my computer needs updated and usually takes forever to boot-up. If it were not for the veterinarian bills from last month (3 pets total and everyone has recovered thankfully), I could have purchased a new Dell desktop, wireless printer, and a two-week cruise to the Caribbean! (Yes, it was that costly).

May you and your beloved pets have a happy and healthy rest of the summer!

You are such a great pet Mommy! Happy to hear the your pooches are feeling better [I indeed know how expensive vet visits are. [groan]{#emotions_dlg.lol}
........Glad you re back with us!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Happy and healthy to you to dear.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Hi... I didn't really know where to go. We lost our gorgeous cat yesterday (she was 21 years old). My husband and I, and our 2 grown kids are devastated. I can hardly function. I just need to vent I thought I would be safe here. Anyway,,, thanks for listening. I am just lost.

Michelle

Respected Contributor

Mishell

I am so sorry for your loss. She had an awesome owner to live to 21 years of age. It is never easy and we always lose them too soon.

Here is a poem for you;

The Journeys just Begun

By Ellen Brenneman

Don’t think of her as gone away-

Her journeys just begun,

Life holds so many facets-

This earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting

From the sorrows and the tears

In a place of warmth and comfort

Where there are no days and years

Think how she must be wishing

That we could know today

How nothing but our sadness can really pass away.

And think of her as living

In the hearts of those she touched

For nothing loved is ever lost-

And she was loved so much.

doxie

Respected Contributor

I do not know if you have ever visited pet loss dot com but you can light a candle for her and read other poems there.

I am glad you posted here because we all have been there and understand your heartache.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Now tell me about your cat. What is her name? What does she look like? what were some of the funny or memorable things she did?

You need to allow yourself to grieve and also remember all the great things about her. I think that with her living so long she has woven herself into the fabric of your lives. You will continue to see and feel her in all the people she loved.

When I lost my Cesca I was amazed how much noise she must have made because the house was so quiet. If you knew her that statement would be funny because she was so quiet and well behaved. Well she sent me a replacement in the form of two delinquent mini dachshunds that are not quiet and get into more trouble than I can imagine. I think that Cesca knew I would need a lot to keep from aching over her loss.

doxie

Super Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Doxie said:

Now tell me about your cat. What is her name? What does she look like? what were some of the funny or memorable things she did?

You need to allow yourself to grieve and also remember all the great things about her. I think that with her living so long she has woven herself into the fabric of your lives. You will continue to see and feel her in all the people she loved.

When I lost my Cesca I was amazed how much noise she must have made because the house was so quiet. If you knew her that statement would be funny because she was so quiet and well behaved. Well she sent me a replacement in the form of two delinquent mini dachshunds that are not quiet and get into more trouble than I can imagine. I think that Cesca knew I would need a lot to keep from aching over her loss.

doxie

doxie... The house is so quiet... it hurts. We are 4 adults here and just so devastated. I cannot stop crying. It's hard to type. Her name.. Pudding Skittles. She was beautiful, a small tabby, maybe 10 lbs at the most. She was stubborn, spoiled beyond belief. She always wanted to be around us. She didn't like it when me or my daughter were on the phone. She didn't like when my daughter was reading, since she wanted the attention. She wanted attention. She was so vibrant. Those green eyes. She was a gray striped tabby and with orang with gray and orange stripes that were gorgeous.... and a white patch on her chest. Oh...and she had mismatched paws. She loved whip cream. She would jump on the kitchen. table when we ate and see what everyone had. She loved lying in the sun. There are so many other things that I cannot even think about now. She was a part of us and we were part of her. She was so smart and sweet. The sweetest cat ever. She loved her belly rubs and just all of us. Thank you for asking about her. It means a lot. We were just talking about how quiet it is here.We miss her meows, and purring and announcing herself when entering the room with her meow and gurgle. Jumping on our bed and trying to get my husband out of his place, since she claimed it. And he would give it up to her. She was the only animal in the house. She needed to be the only one. That is just the way it was. There is so much more....It's hard to type through the tears.

Michelle

Valued Contributor

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry for your loss of your dearly loved cat. You indeed came to a safe place where you will be understood. Thank you for sharing Pudding Skittles with Doxie and with us. I too can understand the too quiet house and how much our animals shape our lives. With your words you've painted a beautiful portrait of your girl and the wonderful life she shared for so many years with her loving family. Please extend my most heartfelt condolences to your family and know I'm sending you a caring hug.
Respected Contributor

Michelle

Thanks for taking the time to paint such a great picture of Pudding Skittles. She sounds so beautiful and so loved. It is OK to cry and you will shed some more tears. She was so into you that I think you will get a feeling from her. It may be a brush of fur, a meow in the night, shadow on her sunny spot or many other things. You will know it is from her. I can understand the quiet because it was tough with me when I lost Cesca. The pain seems to lessen over time and you will finally realize that Pudding Skittles is part of you now since she had paw prints on your heart. You will always have that special place in your heart for her. It did help me to realize that Cesca was no longer suffering and that I would meet her at the rainbow bridge with all of my other furbutts.

I am laughing at the visual of her moving your husband out of her spot on the bed!

doxie

Respected Contributor

Here is another poem Michelle

I’m still here

Friend, please don’t mourn for me

I’m still here , though you don’t see.

I’m right by your side each night and day

And within your heart I long to stay.

My body’s gone but I am always near

I am everything you feel, see or hear

My spirit is free but I will never depart

As long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I’ll never wander out of your sight-

I’m the brightest star on a summer’s night.

I’ll never be beyond your reach

I’m the warm moist sand when you are at the beach.

I’m the colorful leaves when the fall comes around

And the pure white snow that blankets the ground.

I’m the beautiful flowers of which you are so fond

The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I’m the first bright blossom you will see in the spring,

The frst warm raindrop that april will bring.

The first ray of light when the sun start to shine,

And you’ll see that face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there is no one to love you

You can talk to me through the Lord above you

I’ll whisper my answer to the leaves on the trees,

And you’ll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze

I’m the hot salty tears that flow when you weep

And the beautiful dreams that come when you sleep.

I’m just the smile you see on a baby’s face.

Just look for me ,my friend, I’m every place!

Author unknown

doxie