Trusted Contributor

Re: The Paula Dean controversy

Did you look into the details of what happened?  She was robbed at gunpoint!

Not a fan, I just don't want to keep hitting someone upside the head.  She paid a ridiculous price when others are now ignored for something 100X worse.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I just watched some of the YouTube clip, I stand corrected, she seemed drunk and the bit about her underwear was not southern charm. This is a side of her that I never saw on her cooking show.

At any rate, I am sure she paid a price for her poor judgment and we all fall short. I have been to her restaurant several times, people seemed happy to work there and the food was pretty good, but my granny was a better cook.

@NativeJaxDo you think the people in her restaurants would have their jobs if they didn't look happy?  Many people do a job because they have to.  Not because they are necessarily "happy."

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

Paula dean made some bad remarks but She apologized and I think there has been many worse things said and done in this country that have been forgiven or forgotten.If you go to prison and are later released you are absolved of your crime and forgiven.she apologized for her mistakes and I accept that unless it occurs again.

@dex Really?  Everyone that gets released from prison is absolved for their crimes?  If that is true, then no prison time would have endured for "them."  Forgiven for committing crimes because you're out of prison?  No.  It's that a person has paid his/her debt to society at large for the crime they committed.  I know there are many family members who likely still hate the person/persons they may have killed, raped, etc. their loved ones.

Image result for confused blank stare

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like I have said before on threads such as this. Sure glad I am perfect. In other words, why would anyone even comment on this - Sitting in judgment sometimes can bite you - you know where. OK, don't push, I am leaving. LOL

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis I understand what you are saying but our society considers their debt paid and they are supposed to be accepted back into life.I don't think I phrased it well.I am just saying that evil words can be forgiven if there is remorse since society can forgive those who have committed worse crimes.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@itiswhatitis I understand what you are saying but our society considers their debt paid and they are supposed to be accepted back into life.I don't think I phrased it well.I am just saying that evil words can be forgiven if there is remorse since society can forgive those who have committed worse crimes.

@dex Forgiving and forgetting don't often go together.  Society may forgive past indiscretions and egregious and heinous acts "collectively".  However, on an individual basis that's not always the case.  Some victims still suffer from crimes committed against them by people who are no longer in prison.  

The same applies to hurtful words and acts.  When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.  That comment Dean made was not her only faux pas when it comes to race.  This was her lifestyle.  It was not one indescretion ~ it's who Paula Deen IS!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I remember when Paula Dean fell from grace.....and QVC dropped her as a vender( bravo QVC).  Now I see Ms. Dean on Evinelive.  Wonder why they would pick her up after all the problems that surfaced with her big mouth?  They treat her like she is some Goddess on that station....it actually turns my stomach.

Probably the same reason Q keeps Lisa Rhinna, which I have no answer.  Not sure why any of these ladies are still on TV.  But as a poster stated Paula stll has fans and I guess Lisa Rhinna does too.  I use to love listening to Paula and watching her on the cooking channel.  Now I cannot watch her.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bri20 wrote:

She still has her fans.

I can't stomach her...

I turned on Evine a few minutes ago and there she was.  (I thought Dimitri was coming on at noon).

OFF SHE WENT!

She'll never get one dime from me. 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Enough time has passed.  She has her fans that would buy anything she's selling.

There are also those that felt she did nothing inappropriate.  A lot has to do with where and when you grew up.

Up until the day she died, my MIL would always give a descriptive term to any non Caucasian she was referring to.  She saw nothing racist about it.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe it's okay to talk badly about fat people just not black people....according to the Q's decision to keep Lisa Rhinna...she repulses me.

I agree with the decision that the Q dropped Paula Dean...I just think they send mix messages to their customers. I for one would never purchase from Lisa Rhinna and I haven't thought about Paula Dean until I saw this post.