Honored Contributor

Re: The Paula Dean controversy

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I never understood the Paula Dean fame.  I never liked her before the ugliness came out.  It has absolutely nothing to do with her being from the South.  

@MoJoV  Well put. It does have nothing to do with being from the South! That is just an excuse.   She just is what she is....I will not say the word, but, it starts with an "R".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apparently talking about the "R" word is deemed unkind.  

Suffice it to to say, I don't watch her shows and I won't be buying her products.  

That's as "kind" as I can be!   Woman Very Happy

Geeze, all I did was talk about health standards and someone turned it in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackiejenny wrote:

I didn't have to go to utube to look up Paula Deen's behavior on DWTS.  I unfortunately remember it distinctly. Cringeworthy sums up her crudeness IMHO. It was embarrassing for everyone, but par for the course, she thought her behavior was cute. 

Not....

@jackiejenny

You know who else acts like that?

Cloris Leachman Smiley Surprised

ps Thankfully, Cloris is not from the south, so there will be no confusion over that.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Maybe my post can be re-instated.  I certainly didn't call anyone a name.

@bri20@  I've seen posters request the same thing but they use @ and the mods name so that he/she sees it.  I've seen mods reinstate posts due to a mistake on his/her part, too.

@Cakers3, it's not even worth it sometimes.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@dex wrote:

Paula dean made some bad remarks but She apologized and I think there has been many worse things said and done in this country that have been forgiven or forgotten.If you go to prison and are later released you are absolved of your crime and forgiven.she apologized for her mistakes and I accept that unless it occurs again.

She only apologized because she was caught....and feared losing her income.  It comes down to a money apology.

And it was a "Ryan Lochte apology" - or rather, since hers was first, RL made a "Paula Deen apology."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of Paula Deen and her recipes aren't what I would prepare.

I feel, however, that a deposition she made during pre-trial proceedings, in which she was sworn to tell the truth, and did tell the truth, should not have been leaked to the world at large.

The backlash against her only taught people who may also have made bigoted remarks ... to lie.   I don't think people should be punished for telling the truth. Hypocrites and liars seem to thrive in our culture.

There are way worse people in the world than PD.  She's not perfect, and neither are any of the posters here. 

And I would never make her recipes.  They give me indigestion just hearing the ingredients!  But pretrial testimony under oath should not be bandied around on the internet. 

Honored Contributor

How is she any different than that foul mouth, name calling (started with an N ended with an i)Joan Rivers?

She was such a pathetic nasty crude woman, but Q kept her through all her antics.  

She's way worse than Paula Dean in my book.

Trusted Contributor

I think people already knew what Joan was about and she was a comedian not a cook. Lisa Rhinna is not a comedian either...I know it seems hypocritical but I do see them differently, Joan didn't hide that about herself where Paula Dean was unexpected. It doesn't make it acceptable just why I think they are different.
Honored Contributor

@NativeJax I don't think there is any excuse for racist behavior no matter who or what race you are.There are many other cultures who are racist but the world mostly sees it as wrong if it is from the white race.i have a white male friend who married a Chinese girl.They come to visit and we all love them both but her parents are very upset and said they couldn't understand how she could look into those blue eyes.The grandparents will not allow their granddaughter to come here for school because they are worried that she will meet and marry a white male like her aunt.I don't get it but they say it is because the older people are traditional.....

Trusted Contributor

i don't think Joan Rivers was a racist. She definitely could be rude and crude but that was her character she created. Anyway, I am going to stop commenting on this subject matter because I know I don't want anyone to see me as a sympathizer towards racism because I most certainly am not. These kinds of subjects tread on religion and politics which we all know ends up being heated.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's off topic.