Respected Contributor

Re: The Paula Dean controversy

@NativeJax wrote:
I didn't see DWTS with her on it. I use to watch her show, she was never rude and crude on there. It would be hard for me to believe she was rude and crude, I would have to see it to believe it. Especially when now more than ever the entertainment industry is so full of rude and crude these days.

I also do not understand why someone saying ya'll is offensive when it is simply a dialect. If someone's accent or voice irritates you just don't watch folks.

She was extremely inappropriate and very crude on DWTS. 

I'm not the only one that feels that way.  If you didn't watch it, you can't possibly say you don't believe it.

Respected Contributor

My recollection of her stint on DWTS was that she was heavily made up and on more than one occasion tried to act like a Can Can Girl which of course fell flat and made her look ridiculous.  

Trusted Contributor

I said it would be hard to believe I didn't say she wasn't. I said I would have to see it to believe it. I guess I will YouTube it and let y'all know.
Respected Contributor

I think Paula Deen is a nice lady who deserved a second chance.  I'm glad she got one.  She has a line of furniture that has some beautiful pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I just watched some of the YouTube clip, I stand corrected, she seemed drunk and the bit about her underwear was not southern charm. This is a side of her that I never saw on her cooking show.

At any rate, I am sure she paid a price for her poor judgment and we all fall short. I have been to her restaurant several times, people seemed happy to work there and the food was pretty good, but my granny was a better cook.
Respected Contributor

Maybe my post can be re-instated.  I certainly didn't call anyone a name.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I'm not a fan of hers and had agreed with QVC's decision.  She's paid a heavy price for her own ignorance and her deplorable brother.

BUT

Time moves on and what has already been mentioned, she has her fans and they certainly enjoy seeing her on Evine. Good for all involved. 

I won't be watching nor buying.

This is how I feel as well.

Time moves on.

Esteemed Contributor

I never understood the Paula Dean fame.  I never liked her before the ugliness came out.  It has absolutely nothing to do with her being from the South.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Seems I made a mistake ... My apologies, again. That was never my intent.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."