Honored Contributor

Re: The OFFICE POTLUCK: Dread or Look Forward to?

Acutally @Sooner  there is a third choice aka my choice, lol.

3.  Avoid it like the plague

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

My daughter has a serious onion allergy.  People have outright lied to her, telling her there was no onion in something they made, and then 'fessed up when she got sick shortly after.

Last night she ordered Chinese food take-out from a restaurant we frequent. As always, she reminded them about the allergy, no onions, please.  The food came loaded with onions.

You just can't trust everyone to do the right thing.

ps I asked one man why he'd told her he hadn't put any onions in the food when that wasn't true.  He said he told her that because he didn't think onions could hurt her. 

I have a phobia of onions. (not the green long ones). Even the little dehydrated pieces in the processed spaghetti sauce jars is a scary.   I am not allergic. People can get very ill or even die if eaten foods they are allergic too.

Honored Contributor

https://onecountry-img.rbl.ms/simage/https%3A%2F%2Fassets.rbl.ms%2F12293938%2F1200x600.png/2000%2C2000/P1CyHz2T9gGicA8q/img.jpg

Someone brought this to one of their  work potlucks.

Trusted Contributor

Some things like guacamole and chips were hard to resist.  When I saw people were double dipping that did it for me though. After driving a coworker home one day and seeing her filthy house it turned me off to potlucks.  Never would have guessed that such a detail oriented person at work who dressed nicely could be such a pig at home.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not fond of pot lucks in general, especially when from people I don't know.  Do they have pets/cats/dogs or very young children (possibly often with colds) who love to pick up 'this and that' and then put it back (?).  I know, 'call me 'picky', so to speak.  ........ Btw, I love pets.  Have had dear cats and kept them out of my kitchen when preparing/cooking/baking food.  For their safety, and mine, too.  Wouldn't want my cat jumping onto a hot oven door or stove, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Acutally @Sooner  there is a third choice aka my choice, lol.

3.  Avoid it like the plague

Lol!

Honored Contributor

Ours are pretty good, but the last one had some bags of "brownie bites" that expired in 2007. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Ours are pretty good, but the last one had some bags of "brownie bites" that expired in 2007. 

@AuntG, that's one of those rare times when you hope for a maximum amount of preservatives.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

We never had office potlucks. Sounds a little too casual or chummy.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Ms tyrion2, thanks for the update!! 

????