Honored Contributor

Re: The New ""The View""...Horrible!

On 9/15/2014 feline groovy said:
On 9/15/2014 dmod nj said:

Hi chickenbutt, Nicole is a smart, articulate, funny lady. She knows her stuff. I don't agree often, but I enjoy her very much. She is a good addition to the panel.

I love they are trying new stuff. If it works, they'll keep it. If they don't, they'll change it. Every show goes through a period of finding themselves. Although the name has stayed the same, it is new.....new behind the scene and the panel of ladies. It has to find its sweet spot.

I agree. Nicole seems genuinely nice, and more open-minded than Elisabeth was.

Elisabeth spent her entire tenure trying (too hard) to prove herself. That made her more obnoxious than her views.

Respected Contributor

I like the fact that it was acknowledged that it was the fist show and some things would work and some would need to be changed.

I think the new cast is an interesting one. Differing points of view without the rancor. This group is much more intelligent so I am looking forward to some good discussions.

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Lion said:

For those who didn't like "The View" before, it's no surprise they wouldn't like it now.

I like it so far, and agree with dmod (above). Any time a show tries to make changes, it goes through a period of adjustments. And, I agree with sunshine about missing the big table.

I really like Nicole Wallace. She's been telling some great stories about her time with the Bush, Cheney, McCain, and Sara P*lin. Very interesting to hear it from someone actually involved.

Lion, I'm glad you gave a review, I wish I'd seen it. I'd see snippets of the old show, but I never really followed it or sat down for an entire show. Nicole Wallace sounds like a real plus, she's supposed to be an intelligent woman, I'll bet she will contribute a lot.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 hennypenny said:

I like the fact that it was acknowledged that it was the fist show and some things would work and some would need to be changed.

I think the new cast is an interesting one. Differing points of view without the rancor. This group is much more intelligent so I am looking forward to some good discussions.

Excellent!

Honored Contributor

I just watched it a little while ago and I thought it was very pleasant. I liked all the ladies. ITA about the increase in intelligence level. That will, indeed, make for better conversation.

I think Kristen Chenowith, who was there for the Joan tribute, is so very cute and I love her singing.

Honored Contributor

saw Meredith Viera show omg horrible had to turn that off! not a daytime tv watcher now I'm glad because most shows are terrible!
Honored Contributor

I missed it, but maybe it's on 'watch full episodes' on ABC, or somewhere.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it looked very strained.... I didn't care for Rosie showing off her fat bare foot and saying she had sciatica and then was seen standing up for the second half of the show. What was that all about? She has bypass surgery and lost 50 lbs. and Whoopi lost 40. They don't look any different to me......lol That's two less clothes horses on the panel.....

Whoopi and her shoes again? She's doing the same thing that Starr Jones did at her wedding. She is advertising for the vendors in exchange for free merchandise IMO and it won't last long. She did it for awhile last season, then stopped. Now, maybe she has it in her contract??? whatever???

I don't understand the small table and huge chairs either... I have a feeling that Rosie and Whoopi aren't going to hit it off. JMO.

So far, {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} JMO

Esteemed Contributor

I quit watching the View long ago due to Elisabeth. I know she left, but I wont go back to watching.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

ROMARY, et al...

I found the highlights on the ABC site, if anyone wants to watch:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/view-news/monday-september-15-2014?cid=abc_ss3_view_blog

I watched the first two highlight segments. I liked the set, including the colors, it's fresh but it won't work for fall or the holiday season.

The Rosies are good, I've always liked Whoopi, and Nicole is a welcome addition. IMO it should be better than it has been in a long time.