Honored Contributor

Re: 'The New Yorker' on THE Wedding (already)

Meghan and Harry (and the Queen) didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

They knew what they were getting with Bishop Curry and that's what they wanted.

Trusted Contributor

@golding76

Thank you.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

I didn't read that whole article but one commentator said the Queen was friends with Billy Graham so she would be that surprised. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, things are not always as they seem.  One of the people captured in that collection of folks who were thought to be put off by Bishop Curry (see link on pg. 1 of this post) has spoken up.  He is one of Meghan's co-stars in "Suits," and he said his sourpuss was brought on by the overwhelming HALITOSIS of someone seated nearby.

Just thought, if Elton John was, indeed, dyspeptic ( a conjecture on my part), perhaps his breath was bad and wafted toward the co-star.

His unimpressed expression became one of the most memorable moments of Saturday's Royal Wedding. 

And Rick Hoffman finally revealed why he looked so uncomfortable as he shared his somewhat smelly experience of the star-studded nuptials on Twitter. 

Rick Hoffman wearing a suit and tie: Sassy: Meghan Markle's Suits co-star Rick Hoffman shared the real reason behind his unimpressed face at the Royal Wedding on Instagram on Saturday© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Sassy: Meghan Markle's Suits co-star Rick Hoffman shared the real reason behind his unimpressed face at the Royal Wedding on Instagram on SaturdayThe actor, 47 - who starred alongside royal bride Meghan Markle in the US legal drama Suits - looked grumpy throughout the ceremony, but it wasn't boredom that caused the cringing look - but someone's bad breath.

Rick - who had already changed out of his dapper black suit and waistcoat - took to Instagram following the royal event, and broke the reception protocol banning phones, to share with fans exactly why his meme-worthy face happened.

The New York native titled his video 'Royal Wedding Face #Brushyourteeth' as he explained what happened.  

Rick told his fans: 'So to answer any questions about the weird face that was made at the wedding, imagine sitting next to people to your right - not knowing which person it was - that has halitosis'.

'Um. Hence the face. That is apparently all over the place. So it's as simple as that, Charlie. Love you guys. Yah. Halitosis. Disgusting.' 

Rick plays sarcastic lawyer Louis Litt on the hit USA show, and fans were quick point out the similar characteristics between Rick and his on-screen alter-ego. 

'When the wedding isn't as Litt as they promised' wrote one amused fan. 

In character: Rick plays sarcastic lawyer Louis Litt on the hit USA show, and fans were quick point out the similar characteristics between Rick and his on-screen alter-ego

'Rick Hoffman aka Louis Litt from #Suits just said he made *that* face during the wedding because someone next to him had bad breath. If that's not the most Louis Litt thing ever, I don't know what is (it's also kinda mean, omg).'

'How did Rick Hoffman time it so well that he pulled a classic Louis Litt face when the camera zoomed at the wedding?' remarked a third viewer. 

While it's not known who the actor was sitting next two, Rick was not the only Suits cast member to join in the festivities, with Patrick J. Adams, who was Meghan's on-screen husband on the show, arrived along with his actress wife Troian Bellisario. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Meghan and Harry (and the Queen) didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

They knew what they were getting with Bishop Curry and that's what they wanted.

Exactly!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

i did not  care for it, to much fire and brimstone..love the dress though

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The article absolutely nailed it...especially the reaction to Michael Curry.  The discomfort from the pews was palpable.

Esteemed Contributor

The pic I saw of Elton John entering in his rose-colored glasses...he looked terrible, almost scary. 

Enjoyed the article.  Except I don’t know why the writer felt the need to refer to “you know who.”  She needs to grow up and move on FPS. 

Keepin' it real.