Occasional Contributor

I ordered the Rowenta iron tsv and had to ship it back. I paid $5 to have it shipped to me and used shipping label to send back which is $6.95. With old policy I would get my $5 back, now I don't. Doesn't seem fair that I've spent $11.95 just in shipping.{#emotions_dlg.bored} I guess I will have to really think about ordering.

Honored Contributor
You will get your original shipping back. The return policy didn't start until Feb 17. Anything purchased before then is under the old policy.
Trusted Contributor

As the earlier poster indicated, you should ge it back based upon the purchase date, but I am curious why you sent it back.

If it is defective, you will get the shipping returned (under the new policy as well). If you simply changed your mind, though, why should you get the shipping back? QVC paid someone to package the item. They paid to ship t. They insured it. Why should you not have to pay for the shipping if you simply changed your mind.

I have always resented the fact that these shipping costs are ultimately passed along to everyone else. Changing one's mind is fine, but here should at least be a price for it. Do not make me pay for other people's impulses or lack of control.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
On 2/19/2015 KYToby said:

As the earlier poster indicated, you should ge it back based upon the purchase date, but I am curious why you sent it back.

If it is defective, you will get the shipping returned (under the new policy as well). If you simply changed your mind, though, why should you get the shipping back? QVC paid someone to package the item. They paid to ship t. They insured it. Why should you not have to pay for the shipping if you simply changed your mind.

I have always resented the fact that these shipping costs are ultimately passed along to everyone else. Changing one's mind is fine, but here should at least be a price for it. Do not make me pay for other people's impulses or lack of control.

While I understand the point you were making in your post, I am not sure that point is valid with all returns. If I buy something that doesn't fit, and need to return it, since it is not defective I will need to pay both shipping charges. I am not referring to not fit, as in I need a different size, rather not fit as in doesn't work for the shape of my body. In this case, I would not be ordering a replacement in different size.

Likewise, if I purchase an item for my home, and the color doesn't work in the area that i thought it would be used in, again since its not defective I will need to pay both way shipping.

This new policy will limit my purchasing. Honestly, though, my purchases have been few and far between over the last 10 years usually because I can find the same item for a better price and faster (and free) shipping.

I bought a sheet set directly from a manufacturer last year. Once received, I went to make the bed with them. The pocket of the fitted sheet was not large enough to fit my bed. I didn't realize they offered these sheets in different pocket sizes. When I shipped back, this company would not return my original shipping. This resulted in me spending $24 (original + return shipping) for sheets that I don't even have. After I learned that I would not get original shipping refunded I refused to purchase a replacement size set from them. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Respected Contributor

I am stumped why people think they SHOULD receive shipping back on a item that they do not want, did not like or no longer want etc?

It is one thing if the item is defective in some way - but to routinely order a bunch of things and then change your mind and think the retailer should foot the bill on the shipping? Why should that be?

People order mulitple sizes and colors of things..to try on..and send back etc and got their shipping back..that should not be ..it only increases prices and shipping for others..as the company is going to build that loss in somehow.

I don't get it..

As for the issue that the above poster had with the sheets. I am not sure that it is the company's problem. It seems like you ordered the wrong pocket size, so no I wouldn't think they would offer to pay for return shipping at all. The item is not defective - you received what you ordered, if you made the mistake then you should foot the bill..not them. I am missing how that is their problem and they should of paid?

Trusted Contributor
If there is something I want at the Q I will buy it. I don't buy here as often but I have very few returns.
Respected Contributor

What if you buy something from the Q that does not live up to the sales hype?

The new policy is a purchasing stopper for me unless I know the item from previous experiences.

Never mind all the sizing issues the Q has with their clothing. Inconsistent sizing and even quality within a regularly stocked item are the norm...we should pay shipping for this?

Respected Contributor
On 2/20/2015 CouponQueen said:

I am stumped why people think they SHOULD receive shipping back on a item that they do not want, did not like or no longer want etc?

It is one thing if the item is defective in some way - but to routinely order a bunch of things and then change your mind and think the retailer should foot the bill on the shipping? Why should that be?

People order mulitple sizes and colors of things..to try on..and send back etc and got their shipping back..that should not be ..it only increases prices and shipping for others..as the company is going to build that loss in somehow.

I don't get it..

As for the issue that the above poster had with the sheets. I am not sure that it is the company's problem. It seems like you ordered the wrong pocket size, so no I wouldn't think they would offer to pay for return shipping at all. The item is not defective - you received what you ordered, if you made the mistake then you should foot the bill..not them. I am missing how that is their problem and they should of paid?

It's called a courtesy to the customer. Shop with high end retailers and you don't have to pay shipping back or to your home when you order something. I foresee a lot of the Q's customers will order a lot less in the future and turn to other retailers.

I know I am not about to order the same size in a pair of pants from the same manufacturer, only to receive them and one fits perfectly and the other is enormous. It's happened to me and I cannot state that they are imperfect, so I would then need to absorb the cost of shipping them to me and back even though it is not my fault that Q's clothing is often inconsistent in sizing.

Now if I continued to order clothing, then it would be on me for being stupid to deal with a company that does not fit my needs.

Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 Lucibee said: If there is something I want at the Q I will but it. I don't buy here as often but I have very few returns.

I have very few returns either. I buy MU, faux candles and a small amount of jewelry and that is about it from QVC. I tried to keep it to items I am darn sure I will like. I can see this may drive a fair amount of shoppers from QVC though for a variety amount of reasons.

Most places I shop have free shipping and that goes for free return shopping so this new policy will not affect me much. I will bet it does affect those who chose to do most on their on-line shopping from QVC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

You don't HAVE to use the pre-paid label. I make my returns usually by the Postal Service and save a lot on shipping costs. (Not that I buy that much from the Q any more.)

If you search around you'll find the address in teeny tiny type somewhere in the paperwork.