Honored Contributor

The New Drop Down Select Something

[ Edited ]

Have you noticed, and what do you think?  I kind of hate it, the constant movement up and down in front of my eyes.

It's bad enough that the Q pages jump all over.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The New Drop Down Select Something

Yes it's awful. So distracting. The like the kind of annoyance you get from a gnat flitting around in front of your face.
I'm holding my phone, and I want to keep shooing that thing away every time it drops down in front of my screen.
Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all.  I never had any issues or problems w/Q's website.

Mac

OS Sierra

Waterfox

FWIW...

All websites update their features from time to time.  Complaining, writing letters, sending emails are not going to change anything unless you are willing to PAY for the changes yourself. Smiley Wink 

All you can do is "vent" & in time get over it and/or move on.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@x Hedgewrote:
Yes it's awful. So distracting. The like the kind of annoyance you get from a gnat flitting around in front of your face.
I'm holding my phone, and I want to keep shooing that thing away every time it drops down in front of my screen.

YES!  Thank you for weighing in, @x Hedge  I was wondering if everyone else thought it was  great addition.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7...it has a cluttered appearance. This website has always looked antiquated and in need of a lot of work, though. This is just the icing on the cake.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11

You're right, their website has always looked behind the times.  I wish they would get an update, too.

And an update for the various boards.  I'd like to see more choices for the smilies, like an iPad has where there is a variety of ethnic representations.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

Have you noticed, and what do you think?  I kind of hate it, the constant movement up and down in front of my eyes.

It's bad enough that the Q pages jump all over.

Hiya Noel17, I liked it better the other way too. Have a great Friday! L

Honored Contributor

Well, it’s different.  I expected some changes with the HSN aquisition and I suppose there will be more to come.  It actually is a little less cluttered to me.  As long as things remain relatively easy to still find my way around, I don’t really care one way or another.  There are other things about QVC that bother me more than this.

Honored Contributor

Hello @Leiloni with the beautiful name Smiley Happy

Thank you for adding your take on it, and I hope you have a good day today, also!

Honored Contributor

@geezerettewrote:

Well, it’s different.  I expected some changes with the HSN aquisition and I suppose there will be more to come.  It actually is a little less cluttered to me.  As long as things remain relatively easy to still find my way around, I don’t really care one way or another.  There are other things about QVC that bother me more than this.

It doesn’t bother me so far. It does look less cluttered. It seems like an attempt to meld the main site info into the forums so people don’t need to go in and out. It might solve some constant sign-in problems - that would be gratefully received!

The drop-down is fine. I don’t mind the floating header/banner, it’s much less annoying to me than the good ol’ bouncing pages. I do wish, however, that they’d choose colors on these pages that are more pleasing to the eye. Washed-out coral is ugly IMO. Sheesh, make it red if you must (noooo!), at least it would be a real color then. There are studies that show which colors, shades, tones etc human eyes prefer. QVC should check them out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all