Respected Contributor

I receive my SS payments on the second Wednesday of each month.  I just checked my account and my December payment will be for the higher COLA amount.  I do not receive SSDI.  I wasn't expecting it until January, so it is a nice surprise!

Honored Contributor

Re: The New COLA Payments

[ Edited ]

John, boy am I glad I made a "public" announcement about this!

When there were all those difficulties a while back, I had to create a new nickname to get back into the system, and so I changed my goldie76 to golding76.

Man, this similarity of nicknames could make for some confusing responses to any of my future posts.  Without question, our online histories and perceived personality color responses to posts.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 ...............Social Security "gave" your SO extra money to compensate for a mistake!????

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

i just checked my SS account and it is showing that my next payment on Wedesday Nov 23 will include my COLA.

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I receive my SS payments on the second Wednesday of each month.  I just checked my account and my December payment will be for the higher COLA amount.  I do not receive SSDI.  I wasn't expecting it until January, so it is a nice surprise!

@Linmo   I'm glad I read your post.  I also receive SS on the second Wednesday each month and was going to inquire about the start date.  Nice to hear that it is coming sooner.  

Super Contributor

My November payment was deposited in my bank account on Saturday..It should be next Wed..I've never got it early before. I also checked my SS Account and it says my next payment will be Nov 23 (next Wed) and shows the new Cola amount. Really confusing. I guess I will just have to wait and see if I get a deposit on Wed.

Super Contributor

@89135  You may have gotten your deposit early because of Thanksgiving.  I read something about that a few days ago. 

Super Contributor

@yamma024..In all my years of receiving SS I have NEVER received my payment early..unless something new this year

Honored Contributor

they always say Jan of the new yr is when we can expect.

when I always get mine.  Jan.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@sunshine45 ...............Social Security "gave" your SO extra money to compensate for a mistake!????

@Imaoldhippie 

they added an extra separate small payment last month that amounted to a couple of hundred dollars. the letter from SS that came later than the extra deposit said something about "calculation errors." i have to find that letter to see the exact wording.

he does still work full time so i am not sure if that is why or not?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein