Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

We put flowers in containers in the front yard every year in the summer and a Halloween and Christmas decorations in the winter. So far so good. Now I have to put a spring wreath out this week. 

I've always put decorations and things outside.  I've never had an issue, and have never heard of neighbors having anything vandalized or taken either (including packages left on porches or at front doors.)

I remember when I was in jr high, there were kids who would go around the neighborhoods and smash pumpkins that people had put outside. But I haven't heard about that since way back then.

Esteemed Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

@dex  It was required at one time, but we have gotten into "No Fault" life. Whatever it is, it's no one's fault. There's no such thing as being responsible any more. Just go on with whatever you were doing as if nothing happened.

There are also no stop stop signs, my sister calls them roll and go. There's no limit speed limits, slower traffic, that's those silly people going the maximum posted limit, keep right so those going faster don't get slowed down. 

The rules are for other's not me. It's a shame the way things are today.

You did the right thing by reporting the accident, but hardly anyone does the right thing today.

I really, really disagree with this.  I think most people do the right thing.  And I see that every day.

One example:  I brought my car to a garage in NYC.  Hours later I realized I had left my wallet on the passenger seat.  I panicked, took a cab back to the garage, and my wallet was still there, exactly where I had left it, with everything intact.  My car was unlocked, the wallet was very visible, and it would have been super-easy for someone to take some or all of the cash, or a credit card, or even the whole wallet.  But no one touched it.

Yes, this is just one story, but I've got a lot of them.  In my experience most people do the right thing.