Valued Contributor

A friend planted flowers in front of her house one spring. That night someone dug them all up and stole them. She planted another batch the following weekend. A few days later they were all gone. Sadly I think of this whenever I plant flowers along my front sidewalk. I plant only a small number in case they're stolen. Sad world we live in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie  et al, pretty disgusting.  After baby Jesus was stolen from our outdoor nativity (twice), we didn't put it out last year.  We are pretty sure we know who stole it.  We caught them on camera but as an earlier poster said, they have hoodies on and it is hard to identify them. 

One neighbor suggested putting a locator dongle in the doll and tracing them that way.  A good idea I think.  I may just do that.  LM

Trusted Contributor

I work in an office. Used to keep a bottle of hairspray in the bathroom, in the cupboard space under the sink.

Someone who visited the office stole my hairspray. A bottle of Suave hairspray! I know the day it happened, and it was when some well to do clients were visiting. It wasn't a co-worker because it never happened before and they're not the type to do that.

Unbelievable. What is wrong with people these days.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Nerve of People

[ Edited ]

Company refrigerators are notorious for people taking others food, milk, yogurt.

People put things in bags with DO NOT TOUCH.  Doesn't always work, so one of our co-workers actually used one of these refrigerators lock boxes with a key. 

download.jpg

Trusted Contributor

After years of having the saddleback floral pieces for his cemetary stone being stolen whever she would put a new one on, she had to stop.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I previously posted about not having things stolen from my home. But now that I see these posts about stolen items at the workplace I can relate. At my last job things were stolen from the fridge, from peoples desks, etc. I can’t imagine taking someone’s lunch!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  lunch thieves are the worst. Wish they would get a spoiled liver sausage sandwich.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Carmie, I am sorry for your neighbor’s theft.  Unfortunately, as an elderly woman, I can verify that ethical values have declined.  There are many times when I am watching the news I feel like I am living on another planet.  Life was not perfect back then, but nowhere like it is now.

I’m pushing 70, hard, and I think that now we hear about every little and major thing that happens. When I was young we didn’t have the constant reporting, and JMO but I think it’s different now, but no worse.

I agree.  Plenty of things happened "back in the day".  I remember hearing about thefts and murders and kidnappings and all kinds of things, and that was way before 24-hour television and the internet.  Now we hear about every little thing that happens all around the world, including stories that are still in progress.  So it feels like non-stop crime, but there was plenty of it decades ago too.

Honored Contributor
Your neighbor needs a surveillance cam on her front porch.
Honored Contributor
It could be for sale on EBay or FB now,,..a friend of mine found some things that were stolen in a break-in on EBay. Really stupid to list stolen stuff online!