Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I love watching the Dog Show....but, do they have to have those leashes so tight??? Those poor pups look like they're being choked....I understand they're trying to keep their heads up for show....but, come on....let them breath....there has to be a better way.🤦‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes 

I had to turn it off after the German Shephard looked like he was strangling.  

I'm not an expert about showing but it just made me mad to see the dogs heads jerking around Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

Those leashes have a stop on them.  They are not a slip noose that tightens when pulled.  The dogs are not suffering.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Those leashes have a stop on them.  They are not a slip noose that tightens when pulled.  The dogs are not suffering.

I'm no expert, but from what I see....those leashes are too tight and the dogs heads are pulled up in what looks to be a very uncomfortable position. Every time the handler wants to show a different angle, they pull those dogs heads up....I'm sorry Kachina624....but I disagree that they're not suffering....from what I see..it's cruel....maybe I'm watching a different dog show than you are.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes   I actually thought the same thing about those leashes.  The dogs are all so pretty and walk obiediently.  I own a cat and would love to see all the top breeds of cats too. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@grandma petes   I actually thought the same thing about those leashes.  The dogs are all so pretty and walk obiediently.  I own a cat and would love to see all the top breeds of cats too. 

Is there a national feline organization similar to the AKC?  Perhaps you could lobby them to air a show for the many cat lovers.  I'm sure it would be popular.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Is there a national feline organization similar to the AKC?  Perhaps you could lobby them to air a show for the many cat lovers.  I'm sure it would be popular.

@deepwaterdotter CFA Cat Fanciers Association.  I have been to a local CFA show, but it's a lot different than a dog show.  You could walk around and see all the different cats in their cages.  Every once in awhile you might see someone carrying one in one hand way above their head as they were headed to be judged.  I did not see any of the actual judging though.

There's also another organization called TICA The International Cat Association.  This association allows some breeds that CFA does not like Bengals and other cross-breeds.

Honored Contributor

If they wheeled those dogs out in wagons on satin pillows, there are women who would decide it was crruel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It costs BIG $$$$ to show a dog.

Do you honestly think that they would do anything that might even remotely hurt the animal?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.