Honored Contributor

Re: The Movie ""Hachi"" and My Dad

On 1/30/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/30/2015 raven-blackbird said:
On 1/30/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I need to see if they have this on Netflix. Sounds good but I will bawl my eyes out. Any type of animal story kills me.

It's on Netflix, that's where I saw it, it is a GREAT movie....................................raven

Thanks Raven, I will check it out this weekend.

Lulu, sorry for your loss.

Smaug, that sounds cute. My dogs do the same thing when they see other dogs on TV!

Thank you Irshgrl. As Irish is part of your name, it's a bit ironic. My father passed away this summer on a 4 generation trip to Ireland. He died in his sleep the second day we were there.

Respected Contributor

Something sad involving a dog? Ya, NOT gonna watch it. I can't even read about it.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

It's a good movie. I happen to think that it's probably the saddest movie that I have ever seen, though. I think that I pretty much cried throughout a lot of the movie.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Something sad involving a dog? Ya, NOT gonna watch it. I can't even read about it.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Yep, too sad for me too.

Respected Contributor

It's a very good movie, but I literally sobbed at the end.

I cry at all animal movies but this one was on a tear production level with Old Yeller.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

One morning last year, I caught the last 30 - 40 minutes of the movie, "Eight Below", about the dogs, of a dog sled team.

Same thing, I bawled at the end.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Respected Contributor

It's interesting when you see a different, softer side to a person.

I know when my (now-late) grand father was in the hospital, recovering from bypass surgery, we were watching tv with him and a story came on the news about a man who sold his car to pay for his dog's operation. My grandfather was very nice but tough - never had seen him shed a tear, but when he heard that story, he cried like a baby.

I'd like to see that movie "Hachi." I usually like Richard Gere's movies.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Plaid Pants said:

One morning last year, I caught the last 30 - 40 minutes of the movie, "Eight Below", about the dogs, of a dog sled team.

Same thing, I bawled at the end.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I started crying about 1/2 way through {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I have to be careful not to watch animal movies with other people around. I don't cry often, but animal movies do it to me every time.

~Enough is enough~
Regular Contributor

We, dh and I, love this movie. Makes us both cry every time. We are dog people. We have 4. I think our only dog that might do what Hatchi did is our pitbull. He is very devoted, extremely smart, and doesn't rest easy until we are both home for the day. That movie touches my heart, big time.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes tissues are definitely needed! I own the movie and love it. I have watched it many times (Love the story AND I love Richard Gere!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles