Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,511
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

Speaking of looks on a face,was  that ever cute of the beagle in the queens car?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,717
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

When you referred to the extended royal family what did you mean?

I love my pups!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,306
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family


@Mona_L wrote:

I watched 20/20 Friday eve which was my only viewing of the nuptials.  @JBKO is absolutely correct ... there was a disconnect with the family members--knowing the camera could be on you any minute, one would think to "act" as if you were elated--I saw something completely different than those touting this as the event of the century. 

 

The Queen did not attend her own son's wedding, she was at Harry's 'against her own beliefs' as she remembers the debacle over Diana's funeral.  Really people, the Brits do not care about you, just your tourism dollars.


 

@Mona_L   @JBKO

 

It seems that several are forgetting that we saw only what photographers and network producers were putting on our TV screens.  Perhaps the royals were looking at the couple 95% of the time, and who wants the face shots of people looking away from the photographers?  Perhaps they focused the cameras on them the other 5% of the time when they were looking away, toward cameras ...  and that's what the OP is commenting on. 

 

No one sits in a long church wedding eyes constantly riveted to the front, and a fake smile pasted on their faces.   No one.  You look around.   You move your neck, shift in your seat,  and make other small movements.  

 

I still think the REAL facial expressions were in full view at the wedding reception, where the network cameras were not allowed.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,323
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

@JBKO the only person who seemed a bit sour was the Queen, but she always seems that way. Everyone else appeared happy to me. Those kids stole the show. I detest when people start speculating about the newlyweds having a family. That's a personal decision. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,086
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

Simply because you expect someone to act a certain way doesn't mean they must do so.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,872
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

@JBKO   I didn’t watch the wedding but caught glimpses of it several times on the news.DH commented that the Royals didn’t look happy during the ceremony. I agree with him.In my opinion you are right.

Super Contributor
Posts: 298
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

I thought it was funny that both Camilla & Katherines hats were placed just right so that they had to practically turn all around to be able to see the bride & groom.

Katherines hat was gorgeous and she looked so lovely.  

When the date was set for the wedding I was surprised that it was just a few weeks after Katherine's due date. Didn't give her much time to recover.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,963
Registered: ‎01-02-2015

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

Over on another post .. there is a photo of the Queen entering the

Cathedral with Prince Phillip and she has a grin on ear to ear ....

Super Contributor
Posts: 298
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

Adorable!  I saw that on the news. Was the queen in the car?

Super Contributor
Posts: 298
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family


@goldensrbest wrote:

Speaking of looks on a face,was  that ever cute of the beagle in the queens car?


That is a very special dog.   He was looking very regal!