Honored Contributor

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

@Phantom41 wrote:

@JBKO wrote:

Hi everybody, between getting little sleep because I woke up early to watch the Royal Wedding and going to my sister's bridal shower, I've had little time to post here. What I was most looking forward to was seeing the Royal Family's faces during the ceremony. (Even more than seeing Meghan's dress which was underwhelming). I didn't really see a look of joy in their face. Many members weren't even looking at the bride and groom when they were saying their vows. Did any of you notice this?

No, I did not notice the lack of joy.

I surely didn't see any joy on the face of the Queen.  She looked absolutely grim.  Also Camilla and Kate looked like they'd rather be somewhere else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

meg and harry.jpg

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@goldensrbest, Kate also had her head down a lot

I also thought she might not have been feeling well,i noticed in one camera shot ,she put her hand on her stomach,like it was bothering her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

@JBKO wrote:

Hi everybody, between getting little sleep because I woke up early to watch the Royal Wedding and going to my sister's bridal shower, I've had little time to post here. What I was most looking forward to was seeing the Royal Family's faces during the ceremony. (Even more than seeing Meghan's dress which was underwhelming). I didn't really see a look of joy in their face. Many members weren't even looking at the bride and groom when they were saying their vows. Did any of you notice this?

I surely didn't see any joy on the face of the Queen.  She looked absolutely grim.  Also Camilla and Kate looked like they'd rather be somewhere else.

OMG.

The woman is 92 years old.

She may have been tired, or feeling ill.

There are photos of her arriving/departing that show her smiling broadly.

I hate to think what my face is going to look like if and when I turn 92 years old!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

@JBKO wrote:

I thought kate did not really care for sitting next to camilla, kate and megan will get along well ,i think.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting that picture Bathina. First time I see it.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Valued Contributor

It is hard to read the royal family especially the older generation- they are a very reserved group of people.  I think keeping their emotions under check while in pubic was part of their early training and it is difficult for them to loosen up.  I was watching the wedding in an airport with the sound off so I missed a lot of the nuances.  William and Harry are very relaxed and down to earth.  Like Diana they project warmth.

Respected Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Thank you for posting that picture Bathina. First time I see it.

You are welcome! Just released on the Royal Family FB page. Happy Monday to you @JBKO.

Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

What have I said about the Royal Family that is so unkind? I don't particulary think highly of Prince Charles but I'm not alone in that.

@JBKO  Prince Charles was most certainly looking at Harry and Meghan during the vows.  Just because at one moment he looked down doesn't negate that he DID watch the vows.

How many wedding guests watch every second of every moment between the bride and groom in any wedding?

It is unkind to pick at the "looks on their faces"-we don't know what any person was thinking and I find it unkind to look for some vague "gotcha" moment when all that mattered was the bride and groom.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

meg and harry.jpg

Love this photo. Thanks so much for posting. i hadn't seen it before.