Honored Contributor

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

@tansy wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Few of us would be pleased if our son or brother decided to marry an actress who had been married twice before, one marriage annulled the other ending in divorce. If we loved our son, brother we would do our best to accept and be gracious. I believe the royals are doing just that. They will say the right things, that they're delighted no matter their personal feelings.

The only place I see anything about an annulment is The National Enquirer.  ‘Nuf said...

Re: National Enquirer.  John Edwards.  'Nuff said.  Woman Surprised  You NEVER know.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The way people are carrying on you would think this poor girl was an ax murderer? What has she ever done to  elicit hate?

She has never hurt anyone that I know about

@cherry  What I don't understand is that we know NOTHING about them other than their public image.  Who knows what kind of people they are?  Same thing with Diana and Charles.  We will never really know the truth about what kind of marriage or situation that was.  We can read terrible things about both of them.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  if there was any dirt out there ,it would have been dug up ,and spread around asap. I think that is a good sign

Respected Contributor

@JBKO  Are you sure you were awake?   That is not what I saw.

And Meghan's gown was wonderful and elegant and exactly what was right for her petite figure.   Yes, it looked to me as if it was a joyous wedding.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Few of us would be pleased if our son or brother decided to marry an actress who had been married twice before, one marriage annulled the other ending in divorce. If we loved our son, brother we would do our best to accept and be gracious. I believe the royals are doing just that. They will say the right things, that they're delighted no matter their personal feelings.

The only place I see anything about an annulment is The National Enquirer.  ‘Nuf said...

Re: National Enquirer.  John Edwards.  'Nuff said.  Woman Surprised  You NEVER know.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

...and the National Enquirer  is most definitely broken.

Trusted Contributor

I apologize as this is a little off topic but where was Prince Charles brother? I didn't see ôr hear anything about him 

Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

I apologize as this is a little off topic but where was Prince Charles brother? I didn't see ôr hear anything about him 

Both bothers were there at the wedding with their families.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Just wondering why they were not in any of the family wedding photos - at least not any that I saw.

Honored Contributor

@Ttownlady wrote:

Maybe   o.t  I  did not see any pictures of Prince Edward and Sophie at Hary and Meghan:s Wedding?

have you?

He and his family were shown walking behing Prince Andrew and his daughters and ahead of Princess Ann and her husband. Sophie wore a long skirt.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

So the OP was most looking forward to "seeing the Royal Family's faces during the ceremony" is a telling statement and IMO has some strange undertones. I wasn't a big follower initially of the couple and the wedding, but I watched some of it and thought it was all beautiful....the bride and groom looked so happy and very much in love - just the way it should be. The Royal Family has always been reserved, but I sure didn't see what you were hoping to see - they looked happy for Harry and Meghan. Let the new couple find their life together - I wish them happiness. For those folks who are tired of it all, the wedding is over so you don't have to watch it anymore or read the threads. Yes, some folks go overboard but most of us just wish them a happy life together, think the bride's dress and veil was beautiful, enjoyed watching the event, and enjoyed watching a beautiful wedding.