Valued Contributor

The Last of Boston's snow finally melts!!!

FINALLY all of the snow in Boston has melted, yay!

From Fox25 News:

"Mayor Marty Walsh announced that the last of the snow pile in Boston's Seaport District has melted away as of Tuesday, July 14. This past winter Boston reached a breaking record of 60.8” of snow recorded over a 30-day stretch, topping the previous record of 58.8” of snow in the same time period back in February, 1978.

Workers removed the snow from Boston’s streets and brought it to areas of the city known as “snow farms,” where the giant piles sat to melt. The pile accumulated into a 75-foot tower of snow after a record-breaking winter that dumped more than 110 inches in total on the city.

By spring, the snow pile was still hanging on. People from all over Massachusetts and across the country wondered when the big pile of ice and debris would reach its end.

The spring season saw some days even reached the high 80’s, yet the big pile of snow did not seem to be going anywhere. Workers worked very hard to remove the trash from the big pile of snow, and yet the snow was not going away noticeably enough, as spring turned to summer."

8310943_G.jpg

Bring on that summer sun! Cat Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: The Last of Boston's snow finally melts!!!

Surreal to imagine!  We have made history for the most days over 90 degrees here.  

Trusted Contributor

I was just wondering if all the snow was gone. Sheesh!

Super Contributor

Wow ! Were kids, that were out of school for the summer, sledding on that mountain ? Robot LOL

Respected Contributor

Finally. A friend sent me a photo of the snow around her town that was basically ice that didn't melt until a few weeks ago. I bet they don't want the summer to end anytime soon.
Valued Contributor

I am literally so stinkin' HAPPY that the snow is gone.

I feel like the "wikked witch of the west" has finally blown away Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOL

and the people that want winter back can buzz off LOL let's enjoy the summer while we got it, snow-free!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maryebrown wrote:

Wow ! Were kids, that were out of school for the summer, sledding on that mountain ? Robot LOL

@maryebrownLOL! no kidding though, lots of towns were in school until 2 weeks ago. my town unfortunately was one of the few that got slammed the hardest (Boston got 110 inches, we got 132 inches), so the kiddies even had to go to school on Saturdays!

Respected Contributor

Yes...Here is the Snow Farm picture in the Boston area (Chelsea)...Before & After. 

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

The wildlfe must be especially happy!  :catvery-happy: