Honored Contributor

Re: The Kennedy assasination

@comedy clubber wrote:

I am not elling you or anyone else how to think or be.  I am just clearing up the muddy waters.

@comedy clubber.  Well I hate to burst your bubble but there was nothing to clear up.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@comedy clubber.  It is not necessary to tell other posters what to think or do. Just state your opinion without the admonishments. You can't get everyone to believe as you do.

Thank you, @proudlyfromNJ

@comedy clubber  Posters here can "glorify" whomever they choose, within the TOS, reason, and common sense.....please refrain from telling us what to do/what to post/who to glorify, etc.

ETA:  there are no "muddy waters" that need clearing up

Esteemed Contributor

I was a college freshman, listening to the radio, when I heard that JFK had been shot. I was stunned and could think of nothing else to do but go to my next class. I entered the room and told the rest of the class what I had heard. Nobody believed me. Then our instructor entered the classroom, told the class about the assassination, and dismissed us. I went back to my dorm where everyone was crying. 

I saw that JFK episode on Mysteries at the Museum. It made a lot of sense. However, I think that the lack of governmental transparency made many Americans suspicious. I certainly don’t think we were told the whole story.

The killing of JFK was the end of a kind of American naïveté. We had won WW2, there was great optimism for our future, and the Kennedys, young and attractive, symbolized that hope for the future and the feeling that Americans could do anything. The assassination killed much of that feeling. We now know that a great deal about the lives of JFK and his family was a façade, but it was great while we were enthralled.

Super Contributor

comedy clubber........... So much for a good education at private schools.

@comedy clubber.  It is not necessary to tell other posters what to think or do. Just state your opinion without the admonishments. You can't get everyone to believe as you do.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that the original intent of this thread was to make an assessment of the Kennedy presidency overall, but in any event I had a difficult time understanding that post that attempts to do so; I would ask for a tuition refund.

Honored Contributor

I was just a month shy of my second birthday.  My family and I had just moved from East Texas to San Diego Ca.  We were eating in a diner when the news broke out on the television.  A few minutes later someone noticed our car and wanted to know who owned the car with Texas plates?  My Dad looked at Mom and both remained silent.  After the other customers got back involved in the coverage my Mom said they quickly and quietly paid the bill and took my 1 year old little brother and I to the car.  No other problems having Texas plates or being from Texas after that initial reaction.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

I was in the third grade, attending elementary school on an Air Force base.  We had just come back from lunch and our teacher was crying.  As most everyone else of any age that day, I remember it well.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Please do not glorify JFK more than he already has been.  Remember that he wanted to have he and his brothers run the government (switch sons and daughter for brothers, and does that sound familiar???)  He was not the prize that women saw, just because he was young, Catholic, and good looking to some does not mean that he was or would continue to be a good president.  I am too young to have been too aware, at six months old,of who he was, but what I learned about he and his family  I did through history books and a good education at Miss Porters School and Marquette University.  Both are truthful and forward thinking schools.  He easily could have put us in the situation that we are in today.  Scary! 

I guess you call yourself @comedy clubber for a reason. Very funny indeed.  Thanks for the laugh! 

Regular Contributor

I've read many books on the Kennedy assasination. People like conspiracy theories. I have to admit, some were pretty convincing.