Honored Contributor

Re: The Kardashian-Wests name son

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I imagine  the baby was named by Kim’s husband  Kanye, who is in a religious mania phase right now( bipolar).  Kim is by no means religious....I bet she does not even know one psalm.....  let alone what one is.  

How can you possibly know who is or is not religious?

Exactly.

Funny...people think, somehow, that ‘Kim is by no means religious’

but yet men in religious roles...very religious roles...are breaking all

sorts of legal & moral laws.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

When those kids are grown and trying to make a living, people are really going to take them seriously with these names?  This family is one big weird.  I do not think they have a functioning brain between all of them.

@Jinlei 

Grow up and “try to make a living”?  This family has multi billions. These kids aren’t going to be filling out applications to work at the post office 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

When those kids are grown and trying to make a living, people are really going to take them seriously with these names?  This family is one big weird.  I do not think they have a functioning brain between all of them.

@Jinlei 

Grow up and “try to make a living”?  This family has multi billions. These kids aren’t going to be filling out applications to work at the post office 

@scatcat.  I read the post before yours and was just about to comment when I read yours! Trying to make a living??? LoL

Trusted Contributor

Would you take anyone seriously with those names? I think all the Botox has gone to their brain!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

It’s a lovely. musical word.

"psalm (n.):   Old English psealm, salm, partly from Old French psaume, saume, partly from Church Latin psalmus, from Greek psalmos “song sung to a harp," originally "performance on stringed instrument; a plucking of the harp" (compare psaltes "harper"), from psallein "play on a stringed instrument”."   

(etymonline.com)

One of my friends is a part of the late Frank Zappa’s family.   Some interesting names in their midst, but the family members I know -- including those in the extended family and not involved in entertainment industry -- are quite happy and doing just fine.  

I’m not sure that most people these days are bothered by unique names, particularly among those in creative arts.   Thinking back, my family has a mix of the basic, traditional names and those that some people might think were unusual.   I like the mix.   

Always, good wishes for this sweet tiny child.😊

@dooBdoo 

I'd say that Moon Unit was a far stranger name Cat LOL

P.S.  I met and had lunch with one of Zappa's band members years ago, in CA where my musician brother was living.  He was extremely nice!

I'd have to agree with you about that name, @QueenDanceALot.😃    Regarding the band members -- I didn't ever meet them but the family members I know are also extremely nice so I'm not surprised to hear that about the band.   Very cool you have a musician brother!   I didn't know that.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

We are in a creative spelling and naming craze. Half the kids born in the last decade are doomed to spelling their name and/or correcting pronunciation for folks for life. I know from experience as my name is unusual and I deal with this every time I sign up for something or join an organization, have to correct the pronunciation at the doctor's office and at work, spell my name every time I leave call back information on voice mail. My name is mangled all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cray.. Cray that poor kid has to go through life with a name like that. I wish these people would go away. 

Regular Contributor

All I can really say on this subject is the child has to grow up with, and live with some of these strange names the rest of their lives, and that makes me wonder what thought went into the thought process.