Honored Contributor

Re: The Kardashian-Wests name son

@sidsmom 

Was your thread up before mine, cause I looked.   Its fine by me to have more than one thread!  They are all different.  I read them all sometimes.  

Honored Contributor

I like the name Psalm.  I also like Chicago, and North.  I dont know what their other kid is named, as all I know about the Kardasians is what I read on msn news page on computer.  Lol!

would I name my kids those names.  Not likely.  I am 71 and am always taken back by my granddaughters school friends names.  A couple I remember are Manna, Feral, Digby, Bracken....Beckett.  

But kids are used to them.  I always figure that you should name your kids something you would want to see on A Dr's badge, or on a law office roster.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s a lovely. musical word.

"psalm (n.):   Old English psealm, salm, partly from Old French psaume, saume, partly from Church Latin psalmus, from Greek psalmos “song sung to a harp," originally "performance on stringed instrument; a plucking of the harp" (compare psaltes "harper"), from psallein "play on a stringed instrument”."   

(etymonline.com)

One of my friends is a part of the late Frank Zappa’s family.   Some interesting names in their midst, but the family members I know -- including those in the extended family and not involved in entertainment industry -- are quite happy and doing just fine.  

I’m not sure that most people these days are bothered by unique names, particularly among those in creative arts.   Thinking back, my family has a mix of the basic, traditional names and those that some people might think were unusual.   I like the mix.   

Always, good wishes for this sweet tiny child.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Just when you you thought celebrity baby names couldn't get any worse.......it'll be interesting to see what happens when Kris tries to trademark that one.,

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

It wouldn't have mattered what name they chose, the parents and the name will be criticized by some.  To the ear, it is Sam with an L.  Why would that bother anyone?  Complainers can take their gripe to St. Peter when they get to the gate. Would love to be a fly on that wall.

Honored Contributor

My mind keeps going to "Sam," too.  Even if the parents have expectations of a certain pronunciation of "Psalm," I believe this son will eventually become known simply as "Sam."

Respected Contributor

The Meaning Behind Psalm's Name: 'It's a Good Reflection of Where Kim & Kanye Are Spiritually'

https://people.com/parents/kim-kardashian-kanye-west-son-psalm-name-meaning/

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely ridiculous!!  Don’t these people realize that their kids have to live with these names for the rest of their lives!! I just don’t get it.It reminds me of the Johnny Cash song “A boy named Sue”.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The names don't bother me. Different, I agree.
Respected Contributor

I'm still wondering WHY anyone would care????