Respected Contributor

Re: The Joys of Being Homebound

There is absolutely no joy at all in being homebound for me, other than knowing that I have a roof over my head, food to eat and am not sick.

I don't have a homemaker bone in my body. No interest in cooking, cleaning, crafts, decorating. None. I'm happy when I'm going and doing. To the gym, the golf course, the rink, traveling, doing my volunteer gig - just about anything but sitting at home. 

We've been fortunate that the weather has been fairly nice so I could get outside for a good portion of every day, but we went from sunny skies and 70 degree temps to snow flurries overnight. 

I will be absolutely delighted when this is over. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I've always been a cocconer, but I would prefer it be my own decision and not foisted opon me by such a dangerous situation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I'm enjoying it, but my dad needs to move due to a DVT.  Luckily I found a park that's open, and they have a nice shaded walkway so we'll be out there frequently.  Good for the car battery, too.  Those who do service calls will be charging a lot of them.   

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Personally,I find no joy in being home bound.I'm jumping out of my skin.There is only so much cooking & cleaning I can do.

DH normally works from home, so he's doing it now.I would normally be out & about. Instead I'm indoors by myself.My son is now taking his classes online as well as working from home.Except for a quick breakfast & lunch I don't get to really see them until dinner.

I'm about ready to lose my mind.I've read enough books. Caught up with enough friends, completed enough puzzles etc. I need my life back!!

@NicksmomESQ 

Gosh, I am right there with you! I am going nuts staying at home. Like you say, there is only so much cooking and housework to do. When it's all done, you just want a different diversion, and I don't mean TV. Woman Sad

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Personally,I find no joy in being home bound.I'm jumping out of my skin.There is only so much cooking & cleaning I can do.

DH normally works from home, so he's doing it now.I would normally be out & about. Instead I'm indoors by myself.My son is now taking his classes online as well as working from home.Except for a quick breakfast & lunch I don't get to really see them until dinner.

I'm about ready to lose my mind.I've read enough books. Caught up with enough friends, completed enough puzzles etc. I need my life back!!

@NicksmomESQ 

i am with you on this!

i miss MY routine....

i miss being spontaneous......

i miss having fun outside of my home.......

i miss being around friends and family.......

i miss the BEACH.......

i miss my hangouts.......

i miss my trivia nights......

i miss celebrations.......

i am sad to see my favorite local stores closed and afraid that they may not get the chance to reopen.......

i am sad that the news is filled with sadness and sorrow and "new normals".....

i am sad that our business is so slow.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  Exactly!! I'm devastated too that my son's graduation ceremony,in May, from law school was cancelled. As well as the huge party I planned .He worked his butt off to graduate at the top of his class & won't have the joy of accepting his degree in front of those who love him!! His sadness makes me sad .

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting how different we all are.  For me, I love being homebound.  I'm not bored yet and don't think I will be.  I'm happy alone, actually, and am I'm an expert at frittering away hours, and days, at home.   I would probably make a good hermit.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I'm still working. I saved a lot of reports and work I could do on the computer so I could stay home yesterday. It was different working from home but I am needed so I will be at the office on Monday. 

I think if I were home, I'd be working on the yard and gardening. Love to do that. 

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love being at home, and have no desire to be anywhere else.   Nothing has really changed for me, except for some of my family being home more than usual.