Honored Contributor

Re: The Jonas Brothers - Are They are Becoming the "New" Kardashians (?)

The Jonas Brothers don't seem as pathetic as the K's about staying relevant. 

Honored Contributor

It's called PR.   They are putting themselves out there because, I assume, they have a big summer tour coming up.  That's how the game is played.  When performers have a movie, book, album or tour coming; they are all over the media.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only because gullible millennials adore everything she says and will buy whatever she tells them to. I am sure she brings in far more $$$ than she is paid.

Respected Contributor

I don't really think they compare to the Ks, other than that they are siblings. The Js started on the Disney Channel (movies and a show), and the original incarnation of the band had several hit songs. They write, play instruments, etc. (that is, they're not just front men who sing). Now the band is back together, they had a HUGE number one hit ("Sucker," which they co-wrote), they're touring again, and two of them have recently married high-profile women (Priyanka and Sophie Turner, who's on a little show called Game of Thrones). So it's not at all surprising that their PR people are working hard and they're everywhere at the moment.

Respected Contributor

They were good on "SNL" last weekend and even appeared in a sketch.  I think they have talent, and they certainly have interesting lives. I wonder who their audience is now, since the teens who supported them 10 years ago have probably moved on.

Honored Contributor

Hollywood types have never been of any interest to me.  I guess you have to keep your picture and name out there to be relevent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Certainly, their publicists are trying to make them the new K family. The photos of the wedding to Prianka Choprawas so ubiquitous I wanted to puke. Now we’re seeing the other brother in photos all over the net. He married a Sophie Tucker from a Game of a Thrones. They are seeking the same exposure that Kim an is famous for. It sure has helped her. Publicity is important   in show business.

Respected Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

They were good on "SNL" last weekend and even appeared in a sketch.  I think they have talent, and they certainly have interesting lives. I wonder who their audience is now, since the teens who supported them 10 years ago have probably moved on.

I was wondering the same thing - years back when Kevin and Danielle had their own reality show she always appeared to be very uncomfortable around the camera. My sister's nieces (her husband's side) used to be huge fans as tweens and know they've moved on years ago.  Seriously doubt they care anymore.  I thought I read that Kevin had moved on and had a home renovation company.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never saw them or their talent as having much appeal. Still don't. Not interested in them or their wives. They can reinvent themselves if they choose and are able to do so, but I won't be among their 'audience'. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know much about the Jonas Brothers, except they come from a family that seems very close with a moral compass. I don't really follow their music, but I like their new song. I would not equate them in any way, shape, or form with the K's and their antics and values.