Honored Contributor

The Jonas Brothers - Are They are Becoming the "New" Kardashians (?)

We are seeing the Jonas Brothers and their wives everywhere in the news now. Last night I read an article about how they celebrated Mother's Day. OK - that was sweet. The day before I saw another article on Yahoo!

Tonight the one of the headlines on Yahoo! is "See Nick Jonas, Priyanka Chopra, Joe Jonas, and Sophie Turner's looks on their rainy night out." Do I really want to read about their rainy night and what they wore? (I decided not to.)

I imagine tomorrow will bring a "new" Jonas story. They stayed pretty much in the background until Nick and Priyanka's wedding that went on forever. After that they seemed to be all over the place. Of course their reuniting as a band after 6 years apart didn't hurt! 

The stories include the third Jonas Brother Kevin and his wife Danielle once in a while. The two of them had a reality show a few years ago. And we very seldom see the "Bonus Jonas," their youngest brother Frankie, who is 18.

Guess Nick, Priyanka, Joe, and Sophie will be one of the new "Fab Four" groups as the media likes to call them! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: The Jonas Brothers - Are They are Becoming the "New" Kardashians (?)

They must have good PR people.

I really don't pay attention to them.  

Respected Contributor

I hope not.  I don't see the appeal of this bunch either.  It used to be all about Paris Hilton and then she got a life and grew older.  Now it's the K's.  Shouldn't their 15 min. of fame be up by now? 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I've noticed this too.  

I gather two brothers married "famous" women - Priyanka Chopra and Sophie Turner (neither of whom I knew existed until recently), so that has helped everyone's career (and love life).

Kevin's wife does not seem to like the limelight, and they live a relatively private life.  Plus, they have 2 (?) children.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Good grief I hope not.

I heard on a local radio show yesterday that Kim K is compensated in an absurdly large amount each time she promotes a product on Instagram.  I wasn't surprised, though.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I've noticed this too.  

I gather two brothers married "famous" women - Priyanka Chopra and Sophie Turner (neither of whom I knew existed until recently), so that has helped everyone's career (and love life).

Kevin's wife does not seem to like the limelight, and they live a relatively private life.  Plus, they have 2 (?) children.

There was a lot of buzz about these two women, especially Priyanka, people thought she wasn’t getting married for the right reasons, more for her own fame...I predict neither of these girls will be around in 5 years.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Seem like a nice group of siblings, like the K/J family.

Seem to be close to each other, like the K/J family.

No illegal scandals, like the K/J family.

Work hard, like the K/J family.

Nick Jonas is in those Cigna commercials, spreading an important message. Plus he’s T1D..again, spreading the message. 

If they are to be the next big thing, good for them.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I hope not.  I don't see the appeal of this bunch either.  It used to be all about Paris Hilton and then she got a life and grew older.  Now it's the K's.  Shouldn't their 15 min. of fame be up by now? 

I agree. There’s something about this bunch I find unappealing. I don’t know why they all need so many fancy weddings when one will do. PR is suppose. In a couple of years I’m sure they will be headed to divorce court. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I see photos of the two newly married couples it always looks more to me like kid brothers who got their picture taken with their big sister. Just something so unlikely looking about them as husbands and wives.

Honored Contributor

Not interested in them, like the KarJenner families.