Super Contributor

What’s most concerning to me is the numerous and various 

symptoms and methods of attack.

Ive been reading about “Covid-toes” of all things.

This virus is so much more than a lung/respiratory disease, damaging

kindneys, blood clots and causing strokes in some.

A “silver lining” is watching parents out in their yard playing with their kid(s),

or grandparents sitting on the front porch or tending to thier garden.

Plenty of bicycle riders, joggers and walkers.....usually alone.

Its a good replacement for “going to the Mall”, wasting money on * more stuff*, which many did out of boredom.

And now with nearly unlimited time in front of screens, it seems like more folks 

WANT to get some fresh air and exercise now.

I filled the tires on my (very old) HUFFY CRUISER bicycle, which has huge whitewall tires and a very heavy, sturdy frame.

I do love the pedal-brakes and wide cushioned seat!

After a couple miles, which included several inclines (not hills),  I decided to head home, as my top/front upper thighs were aching!

(and I’m a jogger, walker and rope-jumper!) . I didn’t think riding would

affect me at all.....haha haha!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

This virus is smart. 

(and yes I understand viruses lack intelligence)

It infects the host and stays silent for several days, although it's already going about its job of infecting every target it comes in contact with. No need to tip off the host they are infecting and spoil the massive party!

After a few days it's time to have some fun with the poor individual it's been living with. It may be mild, it may go deadly. I think the fact that the reaction is so insanely different among all demographics just feeds the impression of an intelligent virus. If it killed everyone it touched well heck....how's it going to spread so effectively? It wouldn't. That's not the plan. 

The plan is to spread, and continue to spread and keep everyone guessing.....if I get it will I die? Will I just have a mild case? Let's be as mysterious as possible so no one will know how humanity should react and what severity of measures are needed to preserve a human population on this planet.

For the record I'm not of the camp that this was man made. U.S. scientists have stated this is "natural", and I'm trusting that unless their opinion changes. 

How unlucky for us as a species. Wonder what the odds were.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @germanshepherdlove .  Interesting read!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

This virus is smart. 

It infects the host and stays silent for several days, although it's already going about its job of infecting every target it comes in contact with. No need to tip off the host they are infecting and spoil the massive party!

After a few days it's time to have some fun with the poor individual it's been living with. It may be mild, it may go deadly. I think the fact that the reaction is so insanely different among all demographics just feeds the impression of an intelligent virus. If it killed everyone it touched well heck....how's it going to spread so effectively? It wouldn't. That's not the plan. 

The plan is to spread, and continue to spread and keep everyone guessing.....if I get it will I die? Will I just have a mild case? Let's be as mysterious as possible so no one will know how humanity should react and what severity of measures are needed to preserve a human population on this planet.

For the record I'm not of the camp that this was man made. U.S. scientists have stated this is "natural", and I'm trusting that unless their opinion changes. 

@SunSprite, yes, an agency of our own government has emphatically said that this was not manmade. But we all know that facts won't dampen a good conspiracy.

As for the odds that we would encounter a pandemic of this kind, quite high. Experts have been warning us for years. In a way, we're rather lucky that this horrible virus isn't more lethal.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SunSprite wrote:

This virus is smart. 

@SunSprite, yes, an agency of our own government has emphatically said that this was not manmade. But we all know that facts won't dampen a good conspiracy.

As for the odds that we would encounter a pandemic of this kind, quite high. Experts have been warning us for years. In a way, we're rather lucky that this horrible virus isn't more lethal.

If a murderer were running around my neighborhood, my first and primary concern would not be, "Well what country does he come from and was he a test tube baby?"

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr