Honored Contributor

The Irony of the Low Gasoline Prices

Yesterday gas was $1.45 / gal for regular here. But we are under a stay-at-home order. A classic I have good news and bad news situation!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Irony of the Low Gasoline Prices

Those of us still going to work are enjoying the low prices and lack of traffic.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Some states are getting a double whammy...first the virus then low oil prices which are devasting to the economy.  We in NM are going to have to have a special session of the legislature to revise the budget the governor just signed.  I'd rather pay more for gas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've put lots of miles on my van volunteering so I'm grateful for the lower gas prices...paid $1.61 for regular yesterday, that's the lowest it's been in my area.

Respected Contributor

Alaska is currently trying to get a budget with oil at $65 barrel. Hard to look into the future with such cheap oil currently.

Honored Contributor

For those who heat their homes with oil, fill up!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Gas around here, as of yesterday, ranged from $1.19 to $1.59.

We haven't put gas in our car in over 2 weeks.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Ironic for sure.  At least it's good for the workers who still have to go out.  I'm stuck all day on my laptop, working from home.  I filled my tank when we closed (1.89), so since I'm only going to the grocery once a week now, it's still full!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Yesterday gas was $1.45 / gal for regular here. But we are under a stay-at-home order. A classic I have good news and bad news situation!

I filled up prior to the stay at home quarantine, I only make trips to go food shopping and the bank. I don't think I'll see gas at $1.45 in my neck of the woods, that is dirt cheap!

Honored Contributor