Respected Contributor

My Texas GF just texted and said she has had two weeks in the 100s near Austin. 109 yesterday and cooled to 102. Watering flowers three times a day. She put in Solar Panels so better off as neighbors spending $300 or more on air conditioning. Her dogs will stare at the Thermostat to to turn on air conditioning.

I will be enjoying upper 70s all week Up North. It is a trade off as she enjoys Spring  Irises in April and I am still shoveling April snows. I have learned to layer and walk all year long and wear Yaks that I leave on a pair of boots.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Heat Is On...Still

[ Edited ]

@Linmo   We are pretty close.  I am just praying we don't have them,  we did last year, when it wasn't hot.  I used to live in San Carlos, Palo  Alto, thenLos Altos.   I graduated from that big high school across from Stanford on El Camino.  I live in Southern end of Santa Clara valley now, and it is blistering hot.  Believe it or not we just got A/C.last year,   I can't imagine how we did it...but we did.  Our house just was built before people put a/c in homes.   It was a huge process to have installed because of  the asbestos they used in older homes   But I am so happy to have had it done,!

Frequent Contributor
I haven't had the heat on here in Georgia since January. It will be another 2 months of AC. Then hopefully both AC and Heat will be off a few months.
Honored Contributor

I am in the Seattle area and we have a heat advisory for Sun and Mon.  I don't have A/C but it has been pleasant all summer.  I haven't even gotten the fans out yet and it is August!  I have the house closed up today - we have so many trees in our neighborhood that it stays relatively cool for a couple of days.  

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty I just received a notification that there's a possibility of rolling blackouts tonight between 5 and 10 PM.  Yesterday's blackouts in our area were mostly in Palo Alto, Los Altos and San Mateo and averaged about 2 hours.

They didn't indicate which areas may be affected tonight.  You can check PG&E's website for updates or if you have NextDoor in your city/neighborhood, PG&E is posting updates on there as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi 

@arizona babe

My daughter was thinking of moving to Flagstaff.  Since I have never been there, I will suggest we take some time and pay it a visit.  We can not afford to go back to CA either, however, I am not sure even if we could that I would want to go back.  The traffic is horrendous and there have been many changes, not for the better from what I am hearing from people.  We aren't in any great rush so we do have time to figure it all out.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@panda1234  We don't go out in 110+ weather and are advised to limit activities, stay hydrated, and stay in where it's cool. I used to live on the east coast, and we stayed in if there was a terrible blizzard. Our extreme heat warning is a week long, and about now I'm missing snow.

@Desert Lily    Thank goodness fot A/C grew up without it.