Esteemed Contributor
I live in central FL and have for 13 years now. I do miss the snow and cold. But I don’t hate the weather here. The heat and humidity are not that bad. There is never a day that I won’t or don’t want to go outside. I never see temps at 100 or more in the forecasts, though it might feel like it. I guess we just have to accept the weather where we live and make the best of it.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Desert Lily 

Oh dear, how awful.

When I see EXTREME weather temps I have to be honest, the thing that really hurts my heart is thinking of all the neglected, homeless or abused animals/children.

Weather extremes seem to bring out the worst in people.

I always worry so much about animals languishing in need and pain - and it makes me literally lose sleep.

I put out food and water supplies throughout the year, and help any animal in need, but I am one person. ONE SLEEPLESS person during these harsh times.

I hope you have a cool place to stay safe, fall will be here (here and over in a blink)- then the deep dive temps of winter set in.

Yikes, the cycle continues.

That's also the first thing I think of.  All the people and animals being beaten.

In fact, if they  said  the weather was going to be cool, I'd still think about the beaten people and animals first thing.

That's what you brought to the table my friend.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Heat Is On...Still

[ Edited ]

I am in northern california.  It was 110 today, will be in high  90's low 100 for a week  yikes .  Two little goldfinches sat in te bird bath for  a few hours today.  Just sat there.  Didn't move!  they just flew off a few minutes ago.  I am i am a bit worried about my 1900 gallon fish pond.   The water is heating up.   I turned pump up, but water is warmer than it should be

Respected Contributor

We were 106 today and more tomorrow.  It is 6.45 p.m. now and inside my house temp says 104.  Looks like we will be walking dog at midnight!

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty @dulwich Records were set all over the bay area today.  Up here on the peninsula, we were a little cooler than you folks at about 100 this afternoon.  We received an email that rolling blackouts lasting about an hour are on the way due to the overload on the grid.  We're fortunate to have AC in our house but I didn't walk the dog until this evening.  

Respected Contributor

@Linmo  We got the e mail re rolling blackouts too all we need eh?  Never mind water aerobics in the a.m. then back to the heat.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo @dulwich   Where are you, or what area are you in.  I panic with rolling black outs.  I worry about the pond ad my fish.  I have 20 new fish tha were born in April.  The are so cute, but when the water gets hot the oxygen gets lower. 

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily  I live in Glendale,Az. 116 today WOW just please rain, even the palm trees are dying along with other shrubs. I have 2 huge a/c units on the side of my house that are going non stop & we don't keep our house that cool. Good news is after August think we should cool down then I feel so bad for people that live with snow & ice. Got 2 weeks left in August so I will just hang in there. I was getting a little extra every week at the grocery store (cause of covid) but I do have enough not to go out for awhile. For us not to get a monsoon (rain) this summer is unusual. 

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty Dulwich is in Santa Cruz I believe and I'm in Menlo Park, close to Stanford.  We received emails and it was also on the local news yesterday.  Some rolling blackouts did occur, but we were not affected.  We're supposed to be a little cooler today, low 90s instead of 100.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Heat Is On...Still

[ Edited ]

@arizona babe wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma yes our heat has been relentless this summer, I live in North Phoenix- maybe you should consider moving to Prescott or even Flagstaff, you won't have cool temps if you stay in the valley- they say this is just a preview of how the temps are going to continue to rise in the desert with climate change- however I still prefer our heat to the midwest humidity as well as the terrible weather in Florida- I miss Cali but couldn't afford to move back and never would move back to the Seattle area again- good luck with your choice of where to move

@Lindsays Grandma  I live in Queen Creek, love it but not the heat...It is awful this year, really awful. .Prescott is a great idea, although becoming more pricy all the time..

They are getting a new Banner Hospital out by Emery RIddle area off Willow Creek.

Better health care coming to Prescott...Smiley Happy  (I used to live there also.)

@arizona babe