Respected Contributor

@panda1234  We don't go out in 110+ weather and are advised to limit activities, stay hydrated, and stay in where it's cool. I used to live on the east coast, and we stayed in if there was a terrible blizzard. Our extreme heat warning is a week long, and about now I'm missing snow.

Respected Contributor

We have had zero rain all summer , and the extreme heat has left the trees looking scorched 🥵.

We've decided to head out of town to get to some relief for a few days !

Esteemed Contributor

The heat here in Arizona leaves a lot to be desired.  The short walk to the mail box is enough to leave you drenched with perspiration.  I grew up on the east coast, NY, to be exact, do not miss the winters, mainly snow.  Having lived in CA for 40 years was ideal, the ocean breeze that kicked in around four in the afternoon was a blessing.  I never had my AC on at night, no need to.

Sadly, housing became too expensive so we moved to AZ, to Queen Creek and bought a lovely house at an affordable price.   Because QC was too far away from everything we needed we now live in Mesa, hopefully not for much longer.  The plan is to move but as yet, not sure where to.  Anyway, the heat we are experiencing was predicted before the summer even hit us so I, for one am not surprised at the outrageous temps being thrown out there.  I will sit it out in my air conditioned home not to venture out unless necessary and staying safe from every life threatening thing out there.  Stay safe everyone.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Kachina624  We haven't had any rain here either. The couple of small shrubs I had in front of the window got fried in the last heat warning 2 weeks ago. It does get old ... time for some new cool weather.

I agree, this is getting old. What are we now, 35, 36 days of over 115? Every day I look at the extended forecast and it doesn't change. Still 10 more days to go. We better get a nice cold, rainy winter after all this.  

Honored Contributor

Western Washington State  area...going to be VERY hot here this weekend...Sunday areas will peak at 100 degrees which is very unusual for Seattle.  90% who live here have no air conditioning... so homes just get very uncomfortable. 

Thank goodness we had a heat pump put in last year. What a Godsend for the hot summer days.  House stays at 72 where years prior to having the heat pump, the upstairs of our home  on hot Summer days would reach close to 90 degrees! It was unbearable. 

I feel sorry for those with no air conditioning who tough it out.  I was one of THOSE PEOPLE for so many years.  

Trusted Contributor

Since DH arrived (and then the rest of us), it has been, without fail:

low 90's with sun and blue skies, then afternoons with clouds, thunder, lightening, short showers and then sun and blue skies.

Every. Single. Day. And it appears it will be that way until.....forever looking at past reports.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily   God love you, I could not deal with that heat.

Here in my neck of NE PA it is finally somewhat cooler.  Last night the weather map did not have one 90 on it into next week.

I noticed this morning a butternut tree near our house has leaves turning yellow already.

It is the last to get green in the spring and the first to turn in the fall.

Take care in the heat, it is nothing to fool around with.

Respected Contributor

We've had heat advisories for days now. For us the actual temp is in the high 90's but the humidity is horrendous.The feels like has been in the 100's. I went for a 3 mile walk this morning and was nauseous by the time I got home.

Super Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma yes our heat has been relentless this summer, I live in North Phoenix- maybe you should consider moving to Prescott or even Flagstaff, you won't have cool temps if you stay in the valley- they say this is just a preview of how the temps are going to continue to rise in the desert with climate change- however I still prefer our heat to the midwest humidity as well as the terrible weather in Florida- I miss Cali but couldn't afford to move back and never would move back to the Seattle area again- good luck with your choice of where to move

Respected Contributor

My gosh, and now I feel bad complaining about the weather in the south bay area of SF. It's going to be 101 here today. Was in the upper 90s yesterday.