Respected Contributor

The area where I live is under an Extreme Heat Warning that starts tomorrow morning and goes on for 7 days. The temperatures will be 110+ and could go up to 115, according to the weatherperson. Normally it's around 100-102 here in August. We could sure use some fall weather out here.

How is your weather behaving?

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Oh dear, how awful.

When I see EXTREME weather temps I have to be honest, the thing that really hurts my heart is thinking of all the neglected, homeless or abused animals/children.

Weather extremes seem to bring out the worst in people.

I always worry so much about animals languishing in need and pain - and it makes me literally lose sleep.

I put out food and water supplies throughout the year, and help any animal in need, but I am one person. ONE SLEEPLESS person during these harsh times.

I hope you have a cool place to stay safe, fall will be here (here and over in a blink)- then the deep dive temps of winter set in.

Yikes, the cycle continues.

Respected Contributor

I live in the Sacramento area where it is hot in the summer. It is predicted we will have highs between 102 - 111 degrees for the next 10 days.

Respected Contributor

So far we've had over 30 days when the temp has been 110 or higher. 
 I think it was around 113 today, with a high of 116 on Friday.

Honored Contributor

As the saying goes, this weather isn't fit for man or beast!  I hate the heat and have said this many times in different posts.  I find very hot weather , humidity added as unhealthy, stagnant and detrimental for many. 

We had the hottest July in the record books and believe me it wasn't fun.  If you have a pool or can get to a beach, if you have air conditioning you can get through it  But there are many who have none of that and are suffering.  Thankfully I live in an area where we have weather change and seasons.  I could not live in any area where it is hot all year around.  That is me and my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW!😲 Those numbers had me shaking my head.😞 I feel so bad for you, and hope there is RELIEF in sight for your part of the country VERY soon!🤞

Our weather has been relatively mild, in the 60's, 70's, and some mid 80's, but we are going to BAKE on Sunday, with a projected high of 97 degrees!

I have noooo plans of venturing out that day, and am blessed to have AC! It is really atypical weather here, but every now and then, Hades decides to pay us a visit, so I am hoping it is the only one of the year.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Prediction for us is higher than normal temps as well.  We'll probably be around 105, but it's a dry heat Smiley LOL  Death Valley Calif is expected to reach 127.

I think a drive in the mountains is in order for Monday.  I'll take the dog up to Mirror Lake, elevation around 10,000 ft.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily    It's getting old isn't it?  It's supposed to be about 100° here tomorrow, pretty warm for almost 6,000ft in altitude.  And no rain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The heat is bad but so much better than having a snow storm. At least we can get out and not have to worry about ice and shoveling snow. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  We haven't had any rain here either. The couple of small shrubs I had in front of the window got fried in the last heat warning 2 weeks ago. It does get old ... time for some new cool weather.