Honored Contributor

The Grinches of Christmas- SCAMS on the news today

[ Edited ]

I know there was a thread about similar scams awhile ago.

Well, a man came on to list all the holiday many scams and saidSmiley Sadparaphrasing)

Do NOT buy online anything from China!

He said he hated to disparage an entire country but this is what was going on with these fraudulent sites and there are so many right now.

He said your info will be seen by hundreds and you will find yourself in a website where you wonder where you are.

The card you use from tvs to clothes will not buy anything because it isn't there.

The only purpose of these sites is to get your credit card info and use it themselves!

The ups/fedex scams-

You get an email saying they have a package for you to be delivered but need a little more information.Don't fall for this!

Im sure there were more but didn't get to listen.

I remember someone here saying they had ordered something that came from China and it wasn't anything that it looked like online.

I ordered some clothes once about a year ago where the clothes were so inexpensive, all under $10 and looked so great. They did come from China and I could hardly fit them over my head!

However the ones they were talking about today, that is a whole different awful scam story.

I'm sure many of us are already careful and wouldn't fall for most of these, just thought I'd put it out there again for us all to be careful!

He advised to only go to reputable sites and stores online.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: The Grinches of Christmas- SCAMS on the news today

I don't buy from China online, or on Ebay.

On FaceBook, there were often pictures of people posting their purchases.

They would show a picture of the item they ordered, then a picture of what was actually received.

It was laughable.

So much of our merchandise comes from Asian countries anyway, but buy from a reputable retailer.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay,

Thank you for this post, it never hurts to read it over again and pass it in to others!

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/happy-holidays-sandy-keeton.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have had two items just this week ordered from eBay and both outstanding and delivered days early.  Been shopping since 2005 and have had only one item not come.  Got my $$ back with the very easy dispute and resolution.  Never bought other than USA and certainly would not do China.  But I always check eBay before I go shopping my car.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."