Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@GrailSeeker do you remember when they used to have Grape Nuts commercials on TV and the spokesman Euell Gibbons?  He was one of the early natural foods advocates.

I do!  Died of a poison mushroom, didn't he?

Esteemed Contributor

can't find them here in RI......how am i supposed to make grape-nut pudding!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Grape Nuts shortage

[ Edited ]

@gellen 

"Cereal killer..."! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@GrailSeeker do you remember when they used to have Grape Nuts commercials on TV and the spokesman Euell Gibbons?  He was one of the early natural foods advocates.

I do!  Died of a poison mushroom, didn't he?

@GrailSeeker No, I do remember that rumor though.  He died of a ruptured aortic aneurysm, a common complication from Marfan syndrome, although some sources say a heart attack.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Grape Nuts shortage

[ Edited ]

@GrailSeeker:, No, he had a heart attack. At 64. Proves the Shel Silverstein poem, later made into a song,  right. Here is the link:  https://youtu.be/3R_7zOAaHWU

Sorry for the ads at the beginning.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@GrailSeeker:, No, he had a heart attack. At 64. Proves the Shel Silverstein poem, later made into a song,  right. Here is the link:  https://youtu.be/3R_7zOAaHWU

Sorry for the ads at the beginning.

@Buffalogal47 whether a heart attack or a ruptured aneurism, it was thought to be a result of Marfan's Syndrome which is a genetic disorder.  I am far from a natural foods proponent and agree we're all gonna die from something.  I'm not a fan of many veggies.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

gonna be lots of constipated people.

@SharkE   LOL. Recipe from my doc that's always in my frig. 

POWER PUDDING

1 cup applesauce

1 cup prune juice

1 cup All Bran cereal

Mix together in plastic container w/ tight lid. It's a liquid at first and then turns into a thicker, almost pudding  consistency.  Take 1 Tablespoon  as need with a glass of water. Lasts at least a month in frig. Miracle stuff!!!

@Shanus, oh, my. I think I'd rather be constipated. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I love Grape Nuts!

However......

I am a light eater, especially dinner so I used to have a bowl of Grape Nuts with fresh fruit late in the evening........until...I starting gaining weight!

Grape Nuts are delicious but they are calorie-dense.  Look at the serving size - 1/4 cup.  

My dr. told me I might just as well be eating a bowl of ice cream at night because calories do add up!  I am more careful now Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Have not been looking for Grape Nuts , will look for you next time I shop.

I do know there is a shortage of Tapioca . I use it in fresh fruit pies to seeten and thicken them. Found some on Amazon - some people  over inflating the price by 2-3 times what you'd normally pay.

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

I love Grape Nuts!

However......

I am a light eater, especially dinner so I used to have a bowl of Grape Nuts with fresh fruit late in the evening........until...I starting gaining weight!

Grape Nuts are delicious but they are calorie-dense.  Look at the serving size - 1/4 cup.  

My dr. told me I might just as well be eating a bowl of ice cream at night because calories do add up!  I am more careful now Smiley Happy

@tarsmom, so I'm guessing that sprinkling Grape Nuts over ice cream is off the table? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland