Honored Contributor

Whoa, @gellen ,  I did not realize there was a Grape Nuts shortage in some areas--  bummer!  We have thankfully not had any interruptions here in my favorite cereal-- it's always on the shelf.  But I will keep an eagle eye out to see if that changes.

I'm eating them now.  I mixed mine this morning with Cheerios and Special K with berries, to make about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of cereal.  There's nothing like Grape Nuts to give that needed "crunch.  On those days that I eat breakfast, I must have some texture, ha.

Our chronic shortage here at our store lately is the Smart Balance "Light" margarine.  They have regular Smart Balance, but for a few months, none of the "Light" varieties.  The dairy case guy told me they've had problems with the distribution end.    Hubby decided to go far afield to another store and was able to bag some, finally.

There are hiccups in supply in various items, and I hope very much that you're back with fully stocked shelves of Grape Nuts-- it's the best!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@gellen wrote:
If you are a fan of Grape Nuts cereal you have noticed a shortage lately. They are even gone from Amazon except in huge quantities. No real explanation as I have researched this intensely. Just hoping my favorite cereal will return soon. I am in Pa and my best friend who likes them too is in Florida and she doesn’t have them either. Maybe a cereal killer is on the loose😆

I have a suggestion or a substitute!!! I haven't been able to find them either!  I was looking for them and came across Kellogg All Bran Buds.  They looked similar on the box so I figured I would give them a try!  They are great--- in fact, I like them even better!  You might not like them as much, but if you can't find Grape Nuts, maybe they will be a suitable alternative until you do! 

I tried All Bran Buds awhile back, not as a substitute for Grape Nuts, but I thought they might be a crunchy version os All Bran which I do like, but generally only as an additive to another cereal.  I thought they were awful. 

After doing low carb for awhile, I learned that just because a food looks like a favorite food does not mean it tastes anything like it. I have given up on trying to replace my favorite carbs with their low carb equivalents. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

gonna be lots of constipated people.

@SharkE   LOL. Recipe from my doc that's always in my frig. 

POWER PUDDING

1 cup applesauce

1 cup prune juice

1 cup All Bran cereal

Mix together in plastic container w/ tight lid. It's a liquid at first and then turns into a thicker, almost pudding  consistency.  Take 1 Tablespoon  as need with a glass of water. Lasts at least a month in frig. Miracle stuff!!!

Honored Contributor

LOL should help all

Honored Contributor

@gellen  @SharkE 

🤣🤣🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Pro-biotics can help with that.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Pro-biotics can help with that.

I add whole flax seeds to my morning yogurt, plus the Grape Nuts.

Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of Grape Nuts....I used to say they were like eating rocks but DH used to love eating it.  It was his favorite for many years.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Wow, glad to hear this, actually.  Grape Nuts have always been one of my favorites.  My local Walmart has never carried them, and my Aldi carries nothing like them. Those are the only places I grocery shop, so I thought they'd quit making them years ago!

These were my great-grandmother's favorite, who died when I was 6, 60 years ago.  Now at least I know they still are around, and of course, I want some, too, ASAP.

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker do you remember when they used to have Grape Nuts commercials on TV and the spokesman Euell Gibbons?  He was one of the early natural foods advocates.