Honored Contributor

Re: The Gorilla They Killed at Cincinnati Zoo

@MaRina wrote:

When our son was young we had a harness for him. We used it in places like the zoo,Disneyland etc. We got dirty looks but I didn't care, it was for his safety. Best investment!!!!!

I'm a over protection MOM, and proud of it! 

I didn't need to use one. 

What I see now  a days, harnesses/leashes are needed.

Respected Contributor

If I had a child in her preschool, I'd find another one.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@MaRina wrote:

When our son was young we had a harness for him. We used it in places like the zoo,Disneyland etc. We got dirty looks but I didn't care, it was for his safety. Best investment!!!!!

I'm a over protection MOM, and proud of it! 

My parents had one for me too, and I am an only child!

They are fantastic! 

I did have a few parents ask me where we got it. You can never be to careful with children. 

It's obvious this boys mother was distracted for whatever reason, I hope she has learned by HER mistake.

Frequent Contributor

Plaid Pants2 are you saying I'm 'tar and feathering' the mother just because I quoted what she put on her facebook page. Get a life!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WCPO_GorillaEaster2016_8_1458750921540_34664647_ver1.0_640_480.jpg (640×480)

This looks like it could be the front on the exhibit. Look how these parents let their kids see the exhibit! I am surpised the kid survived the fall.

http://media2.wcpo.com/photo/2016/03/23/WCPO_GorillaEaster2016_8_1458750921540_34664647_ver1.0_640_4...

Honored Contributor

The other thought on this is, hope all zoos take a look and see that areas like this little guy crawled through, is closed off.

Esteemed Contributor

@Rileyx wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 are you saying I'm 'tar and feathering' the mother just because I quoted what she put on her facebook page. Get a life!

No! I wasn't saying that you were at all!

But there are those who are condeming the mother for what happened, but in no way, shape or form, did I mean that you were.

Mea culpa.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have all but given up on people.

The parents of the child are negligent AND idiots.  Add them to the legion of negligent idiots who already exist.

One day, when and if humanity is completely gone, I hope the animals can finally live in peace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was saddened by the loss of this beautifulanima, because of negligent parents. I bet he is a holy terror at home. Some kiids really are. You need eyes in the back of your ehad and possess the reflexes of Speedy Gonzales.

I remember going to he zoo when I was a year older. Never once would it have occurred to me that I wanted to get inside with the animals.

Number one: someone explained to me how zoos worked and we were surrounded by adults who had a firm grip and watched us like hawks.

Mind you, this was pre-cell phone. Pre-Internet  People don't realize that some places are not suited for children under a certain age. I know we have taken toddlers to the National Zoo. Guess what? They were in strollers and or withsomeone holding on to them all the time. I am glad that the little boy wasn't hurt.

The parents should be held accountable in court. I really think so. Just to send a message .

I just found out he was three---that's too young to not either be in a stroller or on a harness. So never mind. 

I keep watching the video and I think the shreiking freaked the gorilla out and he was pobably trying to be protective. It's not becuase I went back and read your comments.  it's just my gut feeling.

Respected Contributor

This story is just so sad. I read that they thought it would have taken too long to tranquilize the gorilla, but they could have had a sharp shooter standing by in case of an emergency.

I read on Facebook yesterday that the mother may be facing legal charges.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli