Respected Contributor

Re: The Good Ole Days of QVC

Yes, and in 5 or 10 years THESE will be the "good ole days"!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I miss the made in the USA craft shows Phyllis George used to bring to the Q.

Honored Contributor

I miss seeing the reviews of show items at the top of the hour.   

I miss seeing the TSV at certain times of the day, not all day long.

I remember they would always show it at 7am central time, I'd be getting ready for work & have to run look.

QVC always had unique & different items, but now you can get anything you want online from somewhere.

I adored Kathy Levine, she was such a hoot.   She would start telling stories & go off on a tangent.    Then she'd say, well I guess I'll get a memo for that.     The owner of the channel back then had an  interesting personality as well, it was really reflected in the presentations & products.   Now it's just so boring.   

I don't know how some of the hosts today got their job.  

@Plaid Pants2

Honored Contributor

I miss the beautiful quality items with gorgeous packaging that I used to purchase as gifts.People would always ask where I found such interesting things.I miss the shows with lots of different items and I miss the days when you really did have to run to the phone before the item sold out

Honored Contributor

Everyone's version of 'old old days' means something different to that person.

I understand what the OP is talking about as I've posted several times here how much I miss some of the Vendors who (just a few years ago) used to come on and sell their things.

Maybe it's because they didn't have a 'zillion' of whatever they were selling, I don't know.  It seems like the vendors these days have almost limitless amounts of the product.  Maybe that's what it takes to be on QVC these days.....

Naw!  I think it's the people QVC is aiming their sales to.  Most are retired and/or in their mid to late 50's and so on.

I know because I'm 70.  Most of the things QVC sells appeals to me these days (except Logo).  I buy a lot of 'stuff' I don't need from QVC these days.

If they offered more modern clothes, shoes and items I probably (well maybe) not buy as much but it sure would be more interesting.

I think instead of seeing 'the big picture' these days QVC is thinking more of short term and selling to the people I mentioned above.

OK, now that I've said all of that, I'll add that I would love to see new items and especially new clothes.  Clothes where there aren't zillions made.  Maybe just a few thousands here and there.

How about more items for different ethnicity's?  How about not playing the TSV every 15 minutes?  

Don't talk to me about changing the channel.  Go over to TV and Movies and you'll see where I watch plenty (way too much TV) as it is.  Obviously, I know where the channel changer is located.......

Look, people, we are all talking to each other and no one who can make these changes is/are listening.......

Honored Contributor

Well, those good old days weren't all that good and they are gone.  They are not coming back.  I live in the present.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree What didn't you like?I know they aren't coming back but I still miss them because I enjoyed them and the excitement of packages arriving and things that were always nicer in person....remember when they used to say that?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@chrystaltree What didn't you like?I know they aren't coming back but I still miss them because I enjoyed them and the excitement of packages arriving and things that were always nicer in person....remember when they used to say that?

I still have the excitement of packages arriving, a package just arrived about 10 minutes ago and I have sandals that Tsv fryer arriving soon.  I buy much more now than I bought 15 or 20 years ago.  I don't know what I didn't like, it was 20 years ago.  I bought stuff, I've been with Qvc for over 30 years.  But there's more variety and more vendors and wider variety of styles.  I liked Qvc in the past but I love it now.  But, like I said, I'm not the type of person who looks back in life. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I admit that I buy hardly anything on here anymore. Nothing excites me, nothing says to me, "Ooooh! I MUST have that!"

I have even cut way back on my watching of the Q. I might tune in for five ot ten minutes once or twice a week, but that's about it.

I miss the 50-In-50 tour.

That brought new products, and small time inventors to us.

I miss the Tic-Tac-Q game that they would play.

Heck, I even miss the "pub" that they would have for an all-day St. Patrick's day show.

Now, it's just dullsville.

It just isn't exciting to me anymore.

Laughed at this one.  Heck, they had one of the models that did the Irish Jig a number of times.  Really, I too miss the pub scenes.....

About D&C.....I like their line a lot, but they are getting pretty pricey now......Order less and less. 

Esteemed Contributor

D & Co - not only pricey but cheap & boring styles all looking the same..  Gary tries to get us excited about another pull over the head potato sack.  And those  prissy little collars drives me nuts.  Collars for a 7 year old girl and I remember my blouses back then very well.  Q is either dull and the same and/or high fashion leather motorcycle jackets which I'm not interested in.  (shopping elsewhere)