Honored Contributor

Re: The Genetically Engineered Impossible Burger And The Story Behind It

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I’d rather just have a real grass fed beef burger than this thing. With cheese please. Yum.

There’s a greater than zero chance your grass-fed beef & cheese

has non-gmo soy in it. 

Respected Contributor

veggie Re: The Genetically Engineered Impossible Burger And The Story Behind It

[ Edited ]

I have eaten BKs veggie burger for years and have tried (and loved most) of the meatless options love the new as Aldi calls it chickenless options Smiley Very Happy out there.  I will try the Impossible Burger and am sure it will be fine.  

As far as grass fed beef, I live in farming country in Missouri (supposedly the second largest beef producing state in the nation) and all pasture "grass" around here is heavily spread with fertilizers and sprayed with pesticides. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would go hungry first.  Edible food like fake.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

There is so much we eat that isn't good for us.  Any one of the fast food places contain unhealthy foods and a steady diet of these foods surely cannot be good for our hearts. 

As far as this impossible burger it is a choice and while most posters lean toward not  having these burgers, there will be those who like them.  I don't know the long term effects, whether they will harm or not.  Personally the meatless burgers in the supermarkets are fine for me.

As far as this being worst than climate change as a poster mentioned, I disagree and will leave it at that.

@spiderw  What I stated that was worse than climate change was a combination of related things, not one thing. I stated:

(1) In the past 3 years the human life span has decreased significantly. (2) We have more autoimmune disease now than ever before, (3) more food allergies to genetically modified grains,fruits, vegetables, & meats, and (4) more lab created artificial ingredients added to our foods than ever before. It’s no wonder our life expectancy is decreasing. These issues combined are far worse than global warming, but very few high profile people are discussing them because these practices are very big money makers to the biotechnology, food, pharmaceutical, and health care industries.

If you’re going to quote someone take the time to get it right.

Honored Contributor

There’s no such thing as a GMO Food Allergy.

There’s also no such thing as GMO causing death.

If people are dying sooner, it’s due to the high amount 

of fat & oil in our diet.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom  We currently have more autoimmune disease and more food allergies than ever before. You believe you know what has caused it, I’ve stated below what I believe has caused it. 

(1) In the past 3 years the human life span has decreased significantly. (2) We have more autoimmune disease now than ever before, (3) more food allergies to genetically modified grains,fruits, vegetables, & meats, and (4) more lab created artificial ingredients added to our foods than ever before. It’s no wonder our life expectancy is decreasing. These issues combined are far worse than global warming, but very few high profile people are discussing them because these practices are very big money makers to the biotechnology, food, pharmaceutical, and health care industries

Honored Contributor

Ketra

I understood exactly what you said and agree.  All I disagreed with is that it is worse than climate change and purposely didn't elaborate to avoid controversy.  I am sorry you were angered by my opinion but I stick to it as you stick to yours. It's OK if we disagree, it shouldn't cause bad feelings as you as I are entitled to our opinions. 

I do appreciate your concern for the issues you stated.

Honored Contributor

For some people veganism is a true lifestyle.

For others it's their diet only.  Do they really think a vegan version is any healthier than the real thing when it's made from stuff you can hardly pronounce.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom  We currently have more autoimmune disease and more food allergies than ever before. You believe you know what has caused it, I’ve stated below what I believe has caused it. 

But I have mountains & mountains of evidence, studies & history

to back up my words.   GMO illness does not exist.

People are just making up stuff as they go regarding GMO fear.

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Ketra

I understood exactly what you said and agree.  All I disagreed with is that it is worse than climate change and purposely didn't elaborate to avoid controversy.  I am sorry you were angered by my opinion but I stick to it as you stick to yours. It's OK if we disagree, it shouldn't cause bad feelings as you as I are entitled to our opinions. 

I do appreciate your concern for the issues you stated.

@spiderw  We’re good. We all have differing opinions thank God. It would be an awfully boring and scary world if we all thought and spoke the same way.

I just wanted to be quoted accurately about what I said. I appreciate your opinions  and concern as well.  It’s fun to talk about light hearted things, but I like discussing issues that have a real impact on our lives too. I also learn a lot during these discussions which is always fun.