Respected Contributor

The Funniest thing happened with a neighbor today

I have an older neighbor that I check on regularly.  She is about 85ish and lives alone.  She is super sweet and very caring.  Today she calls and asks me to stop by when I get I chance.  I ask if there is something she needs so I can pick it up and bring it to her.  She says no I just need to show you something.  Well now my curiosity is peaked so I go over.

Here we go.  She says she has something to show me because she doesn't know what it is for and she is afraid its important.  She pulls out MY computer case!!  I thought I lost the dang thing last year.  last year I was looking up somethings for her on the Internet and I probably put my computer back in my briefcase and left the case.  She said she didn't remember purchasing it and was afraid to throw it away because she thought it looked important.  I told her what it was and we got a good, hearty laugh!!

I love that case so I am thrilled!!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Funniest thing happened with a neighbor today

You were indeed lucky!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Yes I am!  I am cleaning closets to I just thought i was probably in the closet and it would turn up one day!

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice of you @Franklinbell to keep in touch with her. Glad you got your

case back.

Valued Contributor

You certainly are lucky to have such a sweet neighbor!

One of my neighbors is in her 70s and she ended up in the hospital recently, I did her shopping for her for a few weeks as she was giving me lists of groceries, etc., that she needed.

She was calling me on the phone early every morning, before the sun was up, waking my husband who is having health problems, and so demanding that I finally had to tell her that some other neighbors would have to pitch in, or have the visiting nurse service assist her.

She is so unpleasant as well, and now she is able to get out and do her own chores, I am relieved!

I didn't mind helping, but taking care of my husband comes first.

Respected Contributor

@threecees She is total joy to be around.  She wants me to call her by her first name but I can't. I told her that I was raised to respect adults.  She always say we are both adults so we greet each other and Mrs and Miss with out last names.  She is a hoot.  When I travel she always want me to call her when I arrive at my destination so she know I am safe.  I always do!  

Respected Contributor

@Ronettes agreed!!

Respected Contributor

I'll bet she felt so good having done something for you. 

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell, she sounds like a delightful lady and you sound like a wonderful neighbor. Your post brightened my day.

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell  You are lucky to have each other, you obviously care about her and she cares about you. You are doing the right thing by helping her. 

"She is gone but she used to be mine"