Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Flesh Eating College Kid

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I agree with Marp. This is a community and we need to be aware of other's tolerances. There are numerous ways to word subject titles without being brutal and still have your topic discussed.

I hope you stop participating in this discussion if you don't like it.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I agree with Marp. This is a community and we need to be aware of other's tolerances. There are numerous ways to word subject titles without being brutal and still have your topic discussed.

You are more than welcome to hope anything your heart desires.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Seems to me, you'd like to get my thread poofed.  Instead of discussing the event, you're going on and on about people being "sensitive."  Are you the "they" and "others" you speak of @Say Nay?

Why come in here to complain instead of skipping it?  I do that all the time, why can't you?

*Call Tyrone*
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Seems to me, you'd like to get my thread poofed.  Instead of discussing the event, you're going on and on about people being "sensitive."  Are you the "they" and "others" you speak of @Say Nay?

Why come in here to complain instead of skipping it?  I do that all the time, why can't you?

I am not "they" and "others".

Again, my response was a suggestion.

As for your "article" there is nothing new here. Cannibalistic reactions to synthetics have been reported as far back as 4 or 5 years ago. Flakka or "gravel" was a huge problem in FL a few years ago but according to LEO use dropped.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

The drug has been around for awhile. There were a few other cases in the US (and yes, one was in Florida) which came out around the time The Walking Dead was becoming well known. ZOMBIES and all that made the story catch the eye of CSI: Miami writers who did a show about this. I will NEVER forget a few of those scenes- wish I hadn't watched it. The drug was discussed in detail on the show.

The last face-eating case in Florida was widely blamed on Bath Salts (a different synthetic drug, not Flakka), but the Tox screen was negative for Bath Salts. He did have marijuana in his system, but marijuana has never been linked to violence.

Texas has a HUGE problem with synthetic marijuana (K2, Spice, other names) with cities like Austin, Houston, and Dallas sometimes seeing 40 people OD in a weekend. Really makes me think.No one ODs on actual marijuana, which is illegal, but Austin cities see hundreds of people OD monthly on legal synthetic marijuana. Very frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

I know this may sound harsh but the college educated young man needs to pay for his crimes. 

Coming from generation after generation of being told not to do dangerous illegal substances doesn't seem to phase some of the more dense members of society. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

The drug has been around for awhile. There were a few other cases in the US (and yes, one was in Florida) which came out around the time The Walking Dead was becoming well known. ZOMBIES and all that made the story catch the eye of CSI: Miami writers who did a show about this. I will NEVER forget a few of those scenes- wish I hadn't watched it. The drug was discussed in detail on the show.

The last face-eating case in Florida was widely blamed on Bath Salts (a different synthetic drug, not Flakka), but the Tox screen was negative for Bath Salts. He did have marijuana in his system, but marijuana has never been linked to violence.

Texas has a HUGE problem with synthetic marijuana (K2, Spice, other names) with cities like Austin, Houston, and Dallas sometimes seeing 40 people OD in a weekend. Really makes me think.No one ODs on actual marijuana, which is illegal, but Austin cities see hundreds of people OD monthly on legal synthetic marijuana. Very frustrating.

It's big here too. A few months ago more than a dozen people were spread out on a downtown sidewalk disoriented. Fire-Rescue had to pick them up and cart them to a nearby hospital. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, I have heard a tad bit about the bath salts.  Really not that much.  Where I live its Heroin and other Opiods.  Never heard of this Flakka ******.

Is this like Ecstasy?  I have heard when people take that they get very hot.  Usually found in club goers.

*Call Tyrone*
QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for commenting because of the controversial nature.