Honored Contributor

Re: The Ever Gracious Garth Brooks

@Silver Lining wrote:

My niece knows Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. They volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. They don't do it for publicity, photo opportunities or praise. President Jimmy Carter and Roslyn Carter get out there climbing ladders, hammering nails and painting. Garth and Trisha and my niece do heavy work. They're good people, all of them.

I've seen Facebook videos of Trisha, Garth and Jimmy and Trish said once that when President Carter walks by and you're not working, he will say "Do you need something to do?"  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm not a huge Garth Brooks fan, but for some reason I have gotten sucked into his Studio G on MOnday nights.

When they put up questions from people, he will look at the person and the name and say "wasn't she as X show with the X sign."

It's freaky.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So happy Eric Church didn't win.

I hope he never wins this one, just for being a jerk about it.

[ETA:  This is a different Entertainer of the Year than the CMA one that Garth pulled out of it; but it still makes a statement for me]

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I saw him in a small auditorium at Michigan State many years ago.  It was a present from DD, who had ticket access through her job.  One of the highlights of my life.

Super Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I do like some of his music but I'll bet his ex wife didn't think he was so gracious when he was (and he has admitted to it) cheating on her with his present wife.

Flame away, it's fine.

@Love my grandkids  Actually, his ex-wife is extremely gracious.  They put aside their differences to raise their 3 children.  They all speak very highly of each other. 

When my husband left me for another woman, we also put aside our differences to raise our daughter.  Doesn't mean that I wasn't devastated and broken hearted that he did that to me.