Honored Contributor

The Ever Gracious Garth Brooks

He was recently nominated for CMA's "Country Music Artist of the Year".

Since he has won that award for 7 years, he elected to withdraw from the nomination.

He said, " it was time for another artist have the chance to achieve this prize."

What a great guy......Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: The Ever Gracious Garth Brooks

I don't listen to country music, so know very few of his songs....but I have to say, that was a very kind and unselfish thing for him to do.   

Esteemed Contributor

I read this story on Facebook.

Somebody Tweeted, "He/You've won it seven times. He/You should let someone else win it."

And Garth responded with,  " You know what? They're right. "

And thus, he withdrew his name from the category.

I 100% agree with him.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I won tickets to a very intimate, small concert with Garth Brooks, in the late 90's. I'm talking really small, like 50 people. We had the chance to chat with him, request songs of our choice and just be in awe of this icon. He in turn, seemed to be in awe of us. The word that strikes me about Garth Brooks is HUMBLE.

Valued Contributor

I agree it was a gracious move on his part, though I did read it was made after he read a tweet asking him to withdraw and give someone else a chance.  Could be he didn't want a movement started.

I like him a lot and he does seem like a really good guy.  He has said he keeps prices for his shows on the low side so everyone can afford to attend.  

Honored Contributor

Trisha Yearwood is a lucky lady.  Such a talented couple.

Honored Contributor

It's the Entertainer of the Year award and it is the most misunderstood category of any award of any award program.

It's not just about putting on a good live show or having the biggest selling album of the year.

People had a cow over George Strait winning a few years ago.

They either need to change the criteria, or make it a one-and-done.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Garth fans should catch the Netflix series "The Road I'm On."

It's amazing! 

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I agree it was a gracious move on his part, though I did read it was made after he read a tweet asking him to withdraw and give someone else a chance.  Could be he didn't want a movement started.

I like him a lot and he does seem like a really good guy.  He has said he keeps prices for his shows on the low side so everyone can afford to attend.  

Regardless of the reason,  I doubt that one tweet made his decision to step down.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Garth fans should catchi the Netflix series "The Road I'm On."

It's amazing! 

@Bri369 

You're right, it is!