Honored Contributor

The Eagles -Tulsa BOK Center Father’s Day Concert 6/17/18

DH and I went to see The Eagles last night in Tulsa.

The Eagles formed in 1971 the same time I was in my senior year of high school. They have gone through some changes in personnel through the years but you couldn’t tell it.

Joe Walsh, Don Henley, Timothy Schmidt, Deacon Frey (Glenn Frey’s son), and Vince Gill. Can you believe Joe is 70? Vince Gill and Deacon Frey sang songs formerly sung by Glenn Frey, died 2016.

Vince Gill, an Okie, led the group in singing “Living on Tulsa Time” a tribute to the late JJ Cale. Awesome .

I was star struck by Joe Walsh’s awesome, amazing guitar playing. Played songs from days with The James Gang.

Of course we waited all night for “Hotel California” and lastly, “Desperado” by Don Henley.

If you get an opportunity to see The Eagles, please do. The lineup is amazing.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Eagles -Tulsa BOK Center Father’s Day Concert 6/17/18

What a fabulous concert, @OKPrincess.  I would definitely wait all night for "Hotel California" too--   a magical, evocative song...

Trusted Contributor

So glad you had such a great time at the concert, @OKPrincess!  I live in the Tulsa area and my husband is kicking himself for not going to this concert.  His good friend went so I'm sure he will hear all about it today.  I tried to get tickets but they were too expensive for us, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

That must have been a great concert! @OKPrincess Back in the '80s I was in a very small bar located in Aspen, Colorado. This bar was so small, probably seated around fifty people or so. There was a local guy singing Take it Easy. He was sitting on a small stool in one corner of the bar when four guys walked up to him and politely asked if they could sing along with him. The guy at the mike was happy to have them join in then suddenly I realized who those four guys were! Needless to say I had the best Eagles concert seats EVER!Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

How wonderful that you got to see them. I've read reviews of the new configuration of the band and they seem to be pretty positive. I'm hoping they'll come out with a concert DVD or better yet a new album.

Seeing the Eagles was a dream of mine - one I thought would never come true. Thankfully I was able to see them during the last tour with Glenn Frey. They were amazing. 

I'm glad I went when I did because I'm afraid that their ticket prices are a bit too steep now. 

Super Contributor

I saw The Eagles about 10 years ago in Boston.  We had great seats, but the tickets were very expensive and I remember going back and forth about whether it would be worth it. I can tell you that had we paid triple the price it still would have been worth every penny. That show was amazing.  There was no warmup act.  It was just The Eagles.  Their voices were amazing.  And they were not young men, even 10 years ago.  What a great night.  Pre concert dinner in Boston’s North End followed by a magnificent show.  

My friend is going to see them next month.  I told her she’s in for a real treat.  

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

So glad you had such a great time at the concert, @OKPrincess!  I live in the Tulsa area and my husband is kicking himself for not going to this concert.  His good friend went so I'm sure he will hear all about it today.  I tried to get tickets but they were too expensive for us, unfortunately.

You know they opened the BOK 10 yrs ago and I’ve been kicking myself ever since. We had some obstruction because of the stage wires, ropes, etc. so our tickets were $100/each but well worth it. We sat on the side of Vince Gill who I’ve seen before and dearly love.

My deciding factor to go was because of Vince. What an awesome voice and a good man too. And being married to Amy Grant doesn’t hurt either.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That must have been a great concert! @OKPrincess Back in the '80s I was in a very small bar located in Aspen, Colorado. This bar was so small, probably seated around fifty people or so. There was a local guy singing Take it Easy. He was sitting on a small stool in one corner of the bar when four guys walked up to him and politely asked if they could sing along with him. The guy at the mike was happy to have them join in then suddenly I realized who those four guys were! Needless to say I had the best Eagles concert seats EVER!Woman Very Happy

That’s awesome to see an iconic group unfold before your eyes. I’m happy too.

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

How wonderful that you got to see them. I've read reviews of the new configuration of the band and they seem to be pretty positive. I'm hoping they'll come out with a concert DVD or better yet a new album.

Seeing the Eagles was a dream of mine - one I thought would never come true. Thankfully I was able to see them during the last tour with Glenn Frey. They were amazing. 

I'm glad I went when I did because I'm afraid that their ticket prices are a bit too steep now. 

Glenn Frey’s son did an awesome job along with Vince. They played a great tribute to Glenn.

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I saw The Eagles about 10 years ago in Boston.  We had great seats, but the tickets were very expensive and I remember going back and forth about whether it would be worth it. I can tell you that had we paid triple the price it still would have been worth every penny. That show was amazing.  There was no warmup act.  It was just The Eagles.  Their voices were amazing.  And they were not young men, even 10 years ago.  What a great night.  Pre concert dinner in Boston’s North End followed by a magnificent show.  

My friend is going to see them next month.  I told her she’s in for a real treat.  

Your friend is in for a ride. Tell her to brush up on Joe Walsh songs.