Respected Contributor

Re: The Eagles -Tulsa BOK Center Father’s Day Concert 6/17/18

@OKPrincess, my boss went last night also !!!  She cannot stop raving about the show and I was unaware that Glen's son was taking his Dad's place.  

When I was in Hawaii on my Senior trip, we all were on the balcony singing "Hotel California" (1977)     Good times  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@OKPrincess, my boss went last night also !!!  She cannot stop raving about the show and I was unaware that Glen's son was taking his Dad's place.  

When I was in Hawaii on my Senior trip, we all were on the balcony singing "Hotel California" (1977)     Good times  

Lol singing that song in Hawaii.

Our fellow Okie Vince in the house plus Deacon Frey and then Joe Walsh putting on his performance! We can’t stop talking either. Yes last night was special.

Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to add there is also an excellent netflix documentary on The Eagles. 

Respected Contributor

I don’t know what planet I was living on, but for a long time I knew nothing about the Eagles. I liked the Eagles’ songs I heard on the radio but never knew any of their names. Was never interested.

Then I happened to be watching the PBS special “When Hell Freezes Over”. This casually dressed band came onstage and the audience was applauding. To me, they seemed slightly nervous but happy. And then they started to sing.  Oh! I thought: these are the guys who sing all those songs I like. 

Til that moment, I had never heard of or read anything about Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit or Don Felder. Years later, I still can’t believe it.

So I started researching the band and found out why this reunion concert was such a big deal. So much drama! Like a soap opera.

Amazing that this band is still going strong. I would love to see them in person.

Honored Contributor

We went to an Eagles concert a while back, before Glenn Frey died, and it was the best concert ever!

I also didn't really know how great they were and when my husband had gotten tix, because he really wanted to go, asked me if I wanted to go I was kind of 'eh, ok'.    I'm glad I didn't mess that up and not go!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee@OKPrincess@chickenbutt@ Montana@deb5555@redwingsgal

9AFCD71F-77DD-432F-8F3C-82B393C05251.gif

@Everybody in the world but ME!

The Eagles and their music defined my life! 

Growing upin a small, rural town, music was out of reach (mostly). When I got to college (1970 I know I’m old) those sounds wafted thru my living place and created a “hotel that I never wanted to leave” (MY very own “Hotel California!”

WOW! I could not afford concert tickets and hardly even could spend money on albums.

I cannot imagine the excitement of seeing them up close and in person...what a miracle, I’m happy for you @SilleeMee!

Thanks everyone for sharing! It is so great to know Frey’s son is carrying on!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

I also saw them in Atlanta before Glenn passed away. What an amazing concert. 

No cell phones were allowed and everyone had to stay in their seats till maybe the last 2 songs. The ushers kept on it too.

Only down fall was it was not like your reall loud concerts so the drunk people behind us sang real loud, complained that they could not stand and proceded to beat there poster on the back of my husbands seat and once on his head. We finally complained and after that they were good.

One of my favorite groups and also Glenn's songs are some of my all time favorites. Glad you got to see them and had an awesome time.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Growing upin a small, rural town, music was out of reach (mostly). When I got to college (1970 I know I’m old) those sounds wafted thru my living place and created a “hotel that I never wanted to leave” (MY very own “Hotel California!”

WOW! I could not afford concert tickets and hardly even could spend money on albums.

I cannot imagine the excitement of seeing them up close and in person...what a miracle, I’m happy for you @SilleeMee!

Loves - you should go, if you have the opportunity!  Even with Glenn gone, and I assume his son is doing him justice, there is sooooo much more talent in this band that it's just beyond.

Joe Walsh - Yes please!   His guitar playing is brilliant.   All of their singing is awesome.    Just all good stuff there!

I've seen some of the biggies and enjoyed each and every one of those concerts, but The Eagles will just blow your mind.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

9AFCD71F-77DD-432F-8F3C-82B393C05251.gif

4ED722D2-F987-4949-93F1-D1F411E69108.gif

Honored Contributor

2DF92B3B-AC95-40E3-A32F-279230CFE2F6.jpeg