Honored Contributor

Re: The Duggars are offering to adopt the 13 children....

Lord.

There are a zillion other, safer, options than the reality TV Duggars.

Even living w/ a pack of wolves would be better than the Duggars.

I understand six are under 18, thus considered children;

Seven of the total 13 rescued are of adult age. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I think the Duggers is a better choice than the foster care system...and everyone split up. 

@SeaMaiden

No, they would not be safe with the Duggars.  There is a long history of molestation there.

@Noel7.  It's Amy that wants to adopt. She is the Duggar fathers niece. She was not brought up in the duggars crazy religion and she was brought up by her Mother. The molestations were in the home of Jim Bob and Michele Duggar, not in Amy's home.

That said I'm sure it will not be happening.

Respected Contributor

I have no words LOL

Respected Contributor

Those children need so much therapy.  I hope they get it...

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I think the Duggers is a better choice than the foster care system...and everyone split up. 

@SeaMaiden

No, they would not be safe with the Duggars.  There is a long history of molestation there.

@Noel7.  It's Amy that wants to adopt. She is the Duggar fathers niece. She was not brought up in the duggars crazy religion and she was brought up by her Mother. The molestations were in the home of Jim Bob and Michele Duggar, not in Amy's home.

The Duggar family had an extended connection to an entire group of child molesters, I would not trust any of them, or Amy to keep them away from the rest of the family.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7. Yes the connection was with the wacko leader of their religion and others in it. Amy was brought up in a normal home and had no brothers or sisters. She went to school, had boyfriends,etc. like normal people. However, I think she has a motive behind all this.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@SeaMaiden

@proudlyfromNJ

Amy Duggar is only two years older than the oldest adult child of the group, she's 31.

And this came from AMY Duggar:

"Duggar has previously spoken about her own childhood abuse at the hands of her father, claiming he once tried to run her over with a car and another time lifted her up by her throat."

I would not trust anyone in that family to be a good choice.

Honored Contributor

while the intent is good,  going from one rigid cult to a 2nd cult like lifestyle is probably not for the best 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  Ok.

Trusted Contributor

Amy Duggar lives in CA. Does not have kids.

The creepy Duggars live In Arkansas. So there would be very little, if any, chance of the kids being integrated to the Jim and Michelle clan.

If no family steps up (and who knows if the family would even be good for them? Blood tie does not make them capable), and Amy has the space, presence of mind to handle the enormity of the job it is going to be to help these kids, and is offering with nothing but good intentions, I feel it would be far better than being stuck in foster care.

In foster care kids keep getting bounced from house to house if children become hard to handle. There is certainly going to be some behavior issues with these kids. They need so much.

Such a mess, and my heart just breaks that these kids went under the radar for so many years. I have a hard time understanding how that happened when neighbors now tell what they observed. Seeing children out in the yard doing yard work at 3am is enough for at least one person to say "this is wrong" and report it.