Honored Contributor

The Drs gave their show to Nurses today.

That is nice that they gave them a chance to voice how they feel about what has exploded everywhere. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Re: The Drs gave their show to Nurses today.

Nice that lemonade came out of the lemonsWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I saw some of it. I didn't think it was that interesting or informative. Nice ...yes. But I got the sense that it was merely a token gesture and an opportunity seized upon by the producers to do a "politically correct" thing to garner popularity.

Honored Contributor

What a great idea!

I learned a long time ago how much nurses can do for us and our health, and that is not just at a hospital bed.  I've had so many incredible encounters with nurses.

When I had kidney stones and had lithotripsy, it was the nurses who actually handled me, the MD was in a protected corner handling the machines.  The nurses schooled me in what to do and how to take care of myself.

Nurses have done huge studies including thousands of participants, and found out important information for doctors and patients.

I could give so many examples of nurses coming through for me as a patient but will just end by saying:

Thanks To Our Nurses!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

What a great idea!

I learned a long time ago how much nurses can do for us and our health, and that is not just at a hospital bed.  I've had so many incredible encounters with nurses.

When I had kidney stones and had lithotripsy, it was the nurses who actually handled me, the MD was in a protected corner handling the machines.  The nurses schooled me in what to do and how to take care of myself.

Nurses have done huge studies including thousands of participants, and found out important information for doctors and patients.

I could give so many examples of nurses coming through for me as a patient but will just end by saying:

Thanks To Our Nurses!

Yes, its called Nurse's Health Study I, 2 and 3 by participating organizations from the MA medical community including the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and several Harvard-affiliated hospitals, including Brigham & Woman's Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

I am proud to be a participant of Nurse's Health Study 2 and my DIL is part of Health Study 3 which is totally online and through social media recruitment-- of nurses between the ages of 20-46.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

JJM,

Thank you so much for the specifics on the nurses' studies, and for your participation and that of your DIL.

Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

For as many of us who have good experiences with the nursing profession there are just as many who have not. I think it was a big mistake to make such a big thing out of this comment that was made on the View, let's move on now.