Esteemed Contributor

The Dollar Store Was Actually Stocked.

DD went to the Dollar Store on her  lunch hour.  They had TP, paper towels, Kleenex, garbage bags, milk. I need mustard and they had it, Gold Medal flour, sugar etc.

I normally don't buy food at the Dollar Store but things aren't normal.

It's amazing what tickles us pink these days, isn't it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Dollar Store Was Actually Stocked.

my local dollar store has been my go to since this virus has started....it has had more products than the grocery store....I have never been without paper products Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@Retired Legal Secretary I have had very good luck at Dollar General and Dollar Tree. I have found toilet paper, bleach, and Kleenex with lotion at Dollar General. I needed extra cleaning supplies since I am really going through them now. I hesitated to go to Dollar Tree. I needed a large amount of supplies so I went early. Very few people in the store. Found most of the cleaning supplies like dishwashing gloves, scrubbies, brushes, paper towels, etc. No bleach or antibacterial wipes. I have given up on finding those items. They also had individual rolls of toilet paper. I have bought chips, cookies, and candy from Dollar Tree. I have never purchased from their frozen section but I have seen lots of people that have. 

Esteemed Contributor

@texassunflower  Our Dollar Store was pretty picked over when this whole thing started. Rows of empty shelves.

Of course, hand sanitizer and Clorox or Lysol wipes are no where to be seen.

I think if I see sanitizer or wipes on the shelf I'll do a backflip. That would be a sight.lol

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I scored Quaker corn meal today at a local supermarket after trying Wegmans for weeks. I'm a happy camper! They also have a full service butcher, fish market and deli, which Wegmans shut down weeks ago. Sometimes smaller is better. 

Respected Contributor

I bought  a 4 pack of tp at the dollar tree the other day. I was not expecting the best quality by any means, but even so , it's a bit  . . . rough.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York