Respected Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@riley1 Afraid I think you're correct.

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I missed all of this!  Sorry to ask, but is the forum remaining?  I've been using it since 2005!!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

Oh my, you’ve missed all the excitement.  I will try to recap. 

QVC made an announcement via a banner that the forums and blogs would be closing on 11/2 and for everyone to go to their Facebook page.  At that point several members created another board where many have migrated.  Some members sent emails to the CEO asking that the boards remain open.

Yesterday there’s a new banner saying:

“We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live. We also invite you to visit the We #loveQVC Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc to experience the wonderful and engaging community our team has begun to build there as well. Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you. Get started now

Another person who emailed the CEO received communication that the boards would remain open until sometime in 2022.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Looked at another way, the mods who are fellow posters  care about the forum, care about posters because they are also posters, know how it feels to have threads dissappear without explanation. Hired mods have no reason to care, can discriminate against posters they dislike and topics they personally oppose. If we question them, we will be banned. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I missed all of this!  Sorry to ask, but is the forum remaining?  I've been using it since 2005!!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

QVC made an announcement via a banner that the forums and blogs would be closing on 11/2 and for everyone to go to their Facebook page.  At that point several members created another board where many have migrated.  Some members sent emails to the CEO asking that the boards remain open.

“We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live. We also invite you to visit the We #loveQVC Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc to experience the wonderful and engaging community our team has begun to build there as well. Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you. Get started now

Another person who emailed the CEO received communication that the boards would remain open until sometime in 2022.  

@cotton4me   So this tells me they will close them anyway in 2022.  That could be Jan of 2022.   No Thanks.  I will stay on the new board then.  I will posthere also but notcrazy how this has been handled.

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

If that's true, it's even more indication that this reversal isn't a permanent decision.

"Sometime in 2022"?  Like...just after the extended return period ends on January 31, 2022?  Just thinking out loud!  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

If that's true, it's even more indication that this reversal isn't a permanent decision.

"Sometime in 2022"?  Like...just after the extended return period ends on January 31, 2022?  Just thinking out loud!  Woman Frustrated

@Venezia   My thoughts exactly!   We are just getting jerked around for Christmas Sales??  I will spend my money somewhere else. 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

@Venezia   My thoughts exactly!   We are just getting jerked around for Christmas Sales??  I will spend my money somewhere else. 

You know, I'm not even sure they would leave it up till then. Why would they want to (and have other customers) see the grief that will be spilled all over the forums about the problems in getting prompt refunds on returns? I'm just thinking it could well end the first week of Jan? I mean it happens every year, right? And how Q ruins someones Christmas due to slow shipping.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I was postponing the change over until it got closer to November 2, but now I don't think I'll register there.  I hope the others come back here.

@faeriemoon... I can only tell you that some of us are just as hopeful that some of you remaining here will decide to join us. As for me, I'll navigate both boards for a while, but unless something significant changes, my home is now with the new boards. There are just so many advantages and yes, the damage has been done. Besides, QVC isn't what it used to be and these boards, while appreciated, have many downsides. They were the only obvious option for many years. Now they aren't anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

RCRe: The Damage Has Been Done

[ Edited ]

@cotton4me wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

@cotton4me 

Can you please share with us who made the statement that the board will remain open until some time in 2022? I would like to hear more. Especially how she was singled out to receive a personal reply from the office of the CEO. She must be special.😄

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

@Ladybug724   I didn't leave and I'm a long, long, long time poster.   I doubt many people left.  There's no way I would go to any other forum to see the QVC Community Forum  posts.  I don't even understand why a few posters would go to another site and try to set up an alternative QVC Community Forum site when this one is not closed, has not closed, and has never been closed.  That's what's weird to me.

You realize that the Q announced they'd be closing these forums down, right, @KatieB?  No one just started up the new board out of the blue.  

@tansy  Yes, I am well aware of that.  I thought that's what started all of these types of posts.